PDA

View Full Version : Hadees On Utmost Kindness and Courtesy for Guests

viki
08-08-2010, 07:11 AM
[Sahih Muslim : Book 18, Book Name Kitab Al-Aqdiyya, Number 4286]
It is taken from the similar forum post which is
Abd Shuraib al-Adawi (Radi Allah Anhu) reported: My ear listened and my eye saw when Allah's Messenger (http://www.vuhelp.net/islam/1179-hadees-say-utmost-kindness-courtesy-guests.html)(sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) spoke and said:
"He who believes in Allah and the hereafter should show respect to the guest even with utmost kindness and courtesy. They said: Messenger of Allah, what is this utmost kindness and courtesy? He replied: It is for a day and a night. Hospitality extends for three days, and what is beyond that is a Sadaqa for him; and he who believes in Allah and the Hereafter should say something good or keep quiet."

[Sahih Muslim : Book 18, Book Name Kitab Al-Aqdiyya, Number 4287]

Abu Shuriah al-Khuza'i (Radi Allah Anhu) reported Allah's Messenger (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) as saying:
"The period of the entertainment of a guest is three days, and utmost kindness and courtesy is for a day and a night. "It is not permissible for a Muslim to stay with, his brother until he makes him sinful. They said: Messenger of Allah, how he would make him sinful? He (the Holy Prophet) said: He stays with him (so long) that nothing is left with him to entertain him."