PDA

View Full Version : ENG201 Assignment No. 1 Business and Technical English Fall october 2011

Vuhelper
10-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Business and Technical English (ENG201) Fall 2011

Assignment # 1
Total Marks: 15
Due Date: November 1, 2011

Objective:
To assess students’ understanding of the course and to prepare them for practical application of communication skills through writing practices.

Instructions:

Late assignments will not be accepted.
If the file is corrupt or problematic, it will be marked zero.
Plagiarism will never be tolerated. Plagiarism occurs when a student uses work done by someone else as if it was his or her own; however, taking the ideas

from different sources and to express it in your own words will be encouraged.
No assignment will be accepted via e-mail.
The file should be in Word doc form; the font color should be preferably black and font size can be 12 Times New Roman.

Question No.1 (10)
A well reputed Multinational Company urgently requires marketing executives for its Islamabad branch. In order to be successful in this position; the candidate must be qualified to degree level or equivalent and must have experience in e-marketing. Good IT skills are necessary and an understanding of HTML is required. The candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communicational skills. Your detailed resume should reach by 20th November 2011 to 843, CII Gulberg Lahore.

Question No.2 (5)
Arrange five pairs of matching statements from the following and do tell us which principle of communication has been used?
(Clarity, courtesy, consideration, conciseness, concreteness, completeness, correctness.)

After planning 10,000 berry plants, the deer came into out botanist's farm and crushed them.
I am sorry the point was not clear; here is another version.
I rewrote that letter three times; the point was clear.
I am delighted to announce that we have extended our office hours to make shopping more convenient.
You will be able to shop evenings with the extended office hours.
After our botanists had planted 10,000 berry plants, the deer came into the farm and crushed them.

In 1996 the GMAT scores averaged 600; by 1997 they had risen to 610.
We hereby wish to let you know that our company is pleased with the confidence you have reposed in us.
Students’ GMAT scores are higher.
We appreciate your confidence.

saad7675
10-31-2011, 10:37 PM
its solution?????

Vuhelper
10-31-2011, 10:51 PM
Business and Technical English (ENG201)
Fall 2011
Assignment # 1

Question No.1 (10)

A well reputed Multinational Company urgently requires marketing executives for its Islamabad branch. In order to be successful in this position; the candidate must be qualified to degree level or equivalent and must have experience in e-marketing. Good IT skills are necessary and an understanding of HTML is required. The candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communicational skills. Your detailed resume should reach by 20th November 2011 to 843, CII Gulberg Lahore.

Hina

OBJECTIVE:

 Coordinate with various staff for operational support activities of the unit; serve as a liaison between departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
 Provide administrative/secretarial support for various departments/divisions such as answering telephones, assisting visitors and resolving a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
NETWORK TECHNICIAN June-2008 to date

RESPONSIBILITIES:

 Having good experience in troubleshooting.
 Hands on experience in problem diagnosing.
 To control Local Purchase of Consumable items, relevant Computer equipments, relevant tools and study material for Computer Class.
 To maintain complete record of Inventory Items
QUALIFICATION:
M.A (Political Science) BZU Multan
B.A (Bachelor in Art) BZU Multan
F.A (Intermediate) BISE Multan
Matric (Science) BISE Multan

PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION

 DBMS (Data Base Management System)
 DYNAMIC TEACHING SKILLS:
 MS SKILL UP GRADATION
PERSONAL INFORMATION:

Father’s Name Muhammad Shahid
Domicile Vehari (Punjab)
Date of Birth xx-xx-xxxx
N.I.C # xxxxx-xxxxxxx-x
Nationality Pakistani
Email: mc110202713@vu.edu.pk
Contact NO. Home No. xxxx-xxxxxxx
Home Address Vehari.

LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY:
English Good
Urdu Excellent
Punjabi Excellent

Question No.2 (5)

Arrange five pairs of matching statements from the following and do tell us which principle of communication has been used?

(Clarity, courtesy, consideration, conciseness, concreteness, completeness, correctness.)

(Clarity)
1. After planning 10,000 berry plants, the deer came into out botanist's farm and crushed them.
2. After our botanists had planted 10,000 berry plants, the deer came into the farm and crushed them.
(Courtesy)

1. I rewrote that letter three times; the point was clear.
2. I am sorry the point was not clear; here is another version.
(Consideration)

1. I am delighted to announce that we have extended our office hours to make shopping more convenient.
2. You will be able to shop evenings with the extended office hours.
Conciseness

1. Students’ GMAT scores are higher.
2. In 1996 the GMAT scores averaged 600; by 1997 they had risen to 610.
(Concreteness)

3. We hereby wish to let you know that our company is pleased with the confidence you have reposed in us.
4. We appreciate your confidence.

sunnyraza
11-22-2011, 01:31 AM
soloution eng qno1

English201 fall2011

Qno1 soloution

To
The ABC software company
104-D Iqbal Road Karachi

Dear najam

I shall be grateful to you and feel happy that if you would send me some information about your upcoming release of a software product which is being released, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you, and I will contact you inshallah with in a ten days .
If you have any questions you may have and to see if you need any other information from me such as a company Thank you for your consideration. Please send me information detail and a copy of your latest upcoming release of software product. I would also like to know if it is possible to make purchases online. You could send the detail as soon as possible
Thanks.

Yours faithfully

Your’s name………..
Designation…………..,

sunnyraza
11-22-2011, 01:35 AM
English201 fall2011

Qno1 soloution

To
The ABC software company
104-D Iqbal Road Karachi

Dear najam

I shall be grateful to you and feel happy that if you would send me some information about your upcoming release of a software product which is being released, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you, and I will contact you inshallah with in a ten days .
If you have any questions you may have and to see if you need any other information from me such as a company Thank you for your consideration. Please send me information detail and a copy of your latest upcoming release of software product. I would also like to know if it is possible to make purchases online. You could send the detail as soon as possible
Thanks.

Yours faithfully

Your’s name………..
Designation…………..,

Vuhelper
11-22-2011, 05:53 PM
thanks for solution