PDA

View Full Version : java documentation

saneha
04-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Sir i have download jdk and jdk documentation but dont know how i can use it and do documentation.kindly solve my probelem

Vuhelper
04-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Here are the couple of guide lines on using the java documentation.

1) You may or may not know exactly what you need. Determine in general what you need your code to do and look through the API for something that sounds like it may be able to do what you want. For example, if you need the user to be able to click something in your GUI you might look for something like "button". You could scroll down until you came to "JButton" and you might want to check it out, sounds like it could be what you were looking for! This step could be long and grueling, but it's pretty much just how you have to learn it. Wish it were easier.

2) If you could find the class you needed in the last step, all you have to do is look through for the methods from it you might need. This page shows quite a few other helpful things like classes it extends (if a class is imported it also imports the methods of all classes it extends) and implements. For example, in the case above supplying the JButton class with a parameter "String text" could be nice to know if you want to label the button.