PDA

View Full Version : HRM624 Solution 1 July 2010

Guru
07-01-2010, 08:31 PM
i need help in hrm624 assignment

“Conflict Management (HRM624)”
Assignment No. 2 Marks: 10

Mr. Ali has purchased a shop and rented it to Mr. Shakeel (his elder brother) with the
agreement to increase the rent @ 10% per annum. Mr. Ali found a job in a Multinational
Company and therefore left the country. Mr. Shakeel deposited the rent of the shop at a
uniform rate (without any increase in amount) in the bank account of Mr. Ali.
Mr. Ali came back to Pakistan after five years and demanded to have a 40% increase in rent
but Mr. Shakeel neither wanted to loose the shop nor wanted to have an increase of 40% in
rent. In that shop his business enjoys the advantage of good repute and favorable location.
Both parties have decided to arrange a meeting to resolve this issue through negotiation.

Question:
Now being the student of Conflict Management consider the types of power in relationship
domain, which type of power can play the most effective role in resolving the conflict if you
consider yourself in place of:
a) Mr. Ali
b) Mr. Shakeel
Give logical reasons to support your choice in both positions.

guide me
ye NORMATIVE POWER HO GI K NHI ?

Guru
07-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Well According to my point of view it is NORMATIVE POWER,

i think mr ali can make best use of legitimate power and mr shakeel can use refrent power

a) As Mr. Ali I will use the "Referent Power".

b) As Mr. Shakeel I will use the "Normative Power".

hin@
07-01-2010, 10:05 PM
where are logical reasons of these powers:( plz also write logical reasons

Guru
07-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Mr. Ali can use "Normative Power" because he is on the right side morally. he can also use Coercive Power because he can litigate shakeel. But it is not suggested as Coercive power destroy the relationship.

Mr. Shakeel can only use ecological power to convince Mr.Ali. to some extent he can also use Referent Power.

mc090203698
07-02-2010, 04:57 AM
Thank you so much
4 providing solution.

Guru
07-02-2010, 05:18 AM
you are welcome...:)
Try to post the assignment before the due date so that we can arrange the solution on time for you.
Hope you can understand that..
Enjoy ur stay Here :P