PDA

View Full Version : Write an easy on a village fair

vustudents
06-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Fair are the most popular form of entertainment in the country-side. People who work hard in their fields all the year for them in means that there will round certainly need and deserve some rest and recreation. It is a fair that provides them relief form hard work, and bring them an opportunity to enjoy themselves to their heart s content. They forget their cares. Leave their daily labour and throw themselves in the fun and frolic of a fair. Children and women are especially found of fairs. For them it means that there will be shops. Entertainments. And perhaps a theater. Fairs have become a characteristic part of rural life some are held to celibate the memory of some saints. Others are associated with the seasons, I remember going to a fair when I saw a boy of fourteen. I shill have clear memories of the glorious time. It was held at a place half- way between our village and the nearby town. One morning my friends and I left our homes and the took road to the fair. We were still at a distance when we heard the beat of drums and the chime of bells. We quickened our pace and in a short time reached the fair- ground. What a sight it was we found ourselves in a big crowd of people, all in their best colourful clothes. They were in high spirits. They laughed and shouted. Sang and danced. None was standing still. All were moving as if they wanted to see everything in fair as quickly as possible. The sweetmeat-seller s, stall attracted a large group of people. They were shouting their orders at the tope of their voices. As soon as they got what they wanted, they were on the move again. The children crowded round a toy-seller who sat on the ground with his toys spread before him. He was announcing the names of the toys and their prices in a singsong voice. A litter further there was a merry-go-round. The happy. Excited cries of the children filled the air. Nearby .a juggler was showing his tricks. While we stood there. We heard loud short. Come one . come all-see the wonder of wonders. Half man-half monster-come and see. We turned round and saw the announcer standing before a tent. We want in and saw the wonder of wonders. In the evening there were games- kabaddi , wrestling, and races. As the contestants matched their skill and strength in the area. Their supporters shouted and encouraged them. When the games ended, the chairman of the district council gave away the prizes. It was almost might when we returned home- we were tired and dusty. But we were happy.