Semester Fall 2011
View more the latest threads:
- CS607 Artificial Intelligence Assignment No.3 Solution...
- CS602 Computer Graphics Assignment No.2 Solution Spring...
- CS605 Software Engineering-II Assignment No.2 Solution...
- CS304 Object Oriented Programming.Assignment No. 3 Solution...
- HRM627 Human Resource Development Assignment No.1 Solution...
- SOC101 Introduction to Sociology Assignment No.1 Solution...
- PSY101 Introduction to Psychology Assignment No.1 Solution...
- SOC401 Cultural Anthropology Assignment No.1 Solution...
- PSY404 Abnormal Psychology Assignment No.1 Solution Spring...
- PHY101 Physics Assignment No.1 Solution Spring Semester 2013
“Introduction to Psychology (PSY101)”
Assignment No. 02 Marks: 20
Salman, an eight years old boy saw an aggressive movie in which hero beats the villain badly.
The aggression was portrayed in a favorable and attractive way. After watching that film, he
went outside in a park to play with his peers. At some point, during play Salman became
suddenly aggressive and started beating his playmate very badly and injured him seriously.
• Which theory explains the above mentioned situation? (02)
• Why Salman did that and what was the reason behind it? Justify and explain your
answer with reference to that particular theory. (03)
Name the behavioral techniques/concepts being used in following examples. Explain each
technique/concept with the help of another daily life example.
• Zobia (Ali’s mother) wants him to eat with a spoon but she started teaching him by
giving the demonstration that how to hold a spoon and then dividing the whole
process of eating with spoon into small learnable pieces of acts.
• Ali, who is an obese adult, agrees to his weight trainer’s plan that he will be
allowed to eat one of his favorite foods once in a week if he successfully follows the
• 3 years old Ali has recently learned the name of “ball”, now interestingly he names
apple as ball too.
• Ali is a peon and his duty is to open the office door on door bell. Once street guard
blew the whistle but Ali didn’t respond as he knew that it was not the door bell.
• In his childhood, Ali was afraid of his strict father. Later on; he used to start
trembling just by the name of his father. When he reached high school, he started
to fear all the teachers of his father’s age.
Note: One mark for name and one mark for explaining each technique/concept with example.
Ali is a poor laborer in a factory. His salary is too low to fulfill his basic needs and daily life
requirements. He always remains busy in earning his livings and finds no time to think about
his own desires, wishes and aspirations. He never contemplates that how to satisfy his spiritual
Keeping in view the above mentioned scenario; answer the following questions with reference
to Abraham Maslow’s need-hierarchy theory.
• Identify at which need Ali is fixated? (1)
• Explain each stage of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs with examples of your daily life
and describe how you satisfy those needs. (4)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)