View more random threads:
- Q. Write a comprehensive note on the council of common...
- Q. Write a comprehensive note on the powers and postition...
- Q. Give the constitution and functions of council of a...
- Q. Critically examine and explain in detail the salient...
- Q. Disuss the salient feature of the constitution of...
- Q. Describe the composition and functions of provincial...
- LLB Part 2 Paper no 1 Constitution of Pakistan 1973...
- Q. Write note on Chief minsiter. (2000-A)
- Q. What are the qualifications for the office of a Governor?
- Q. Discuss the emergency provisions of the constitution...
The constitution of 1956 was generally based on Government of India act 1935 and constitution of 1962 introduced presidential from of the govt.
2. Points of differences between the constitution of 1956 and 1962:
Points of difference between the constitution of 1956 and 1962 are as under:
(i) Form of Government:
Constitution of 1962 introduced presidential form of Govt.
Constitution of 1956 introduced parliamentary form of Govt.
Constitution of 1962 introduced an institution known as referendum in the country.
Constitution of 1956 introduced no institution.
(iii) Method of Election:
Constitution of 1962 introduced indirect election.
Constitution of 1956 introduced direct election.
(iv) Islamic Institutions:
Constitution of 1962 introduced two Islamic institution i. e advisory council of Islamic ideology and Islamic research institutions.
There was no such institute in the constitution of 1956.
(v) Supreme judicial council:
Constitutions of 1962 introduced a new institution supreme judicial council.
There was no such institution in the constitution of 1956.
(vi) Executive Powers:
Most of the executive powers vested in the president under the 1962 constitution.
Most of the executive powers were exercised by the prime minister under the constitution of 1962.
(vii) List of Subjects:
Constitution of 1962 provided only two list of subjects i. e central and provincial.
Constitution of 1956 contains three lists of subject i. e federal, provincial and concurrent matter.
(viii) Presidential Powers:
Under the constitution of 19622 president had great power.
In the constitution of 1956 the powers were reasonable.
To conclude I can say that both of the constitution were different in nature. the constitution of 1956 introduced parliamentary from of Govt. while constitution of 1962 introduced presidential form of Govt. However there were some similarities between these constitutions too.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)