Scenario: Mr. Irfan, HR Manager of XYZ Company rejected an applicant in an interview on the basis that the applicant is graduated from a university with low ranking on HEC list and also he belongs to an area where people have strong affiliations with political parties and history of fighting. Q. Due to which perception shortcut, Mr. Irfan has rejected the applicant. Justify your answer.(The answer MUST be less than 100 words)
View more random threads:
- MGT501 GDB fall January 2012
- First gdb MGT411 Money & Banking 25 October 2012
- MGT502 GDB idea solution Spring 2011
- eng 001 gdb fall 2010 december solution
- ECO403 Macroeconomics GDB No.1 Solution Spring Semester 2013
- Idea sol GDB ECO 401 June 2011
- STA301 Statistics and Probability GDB No.1 Solution Spring...
- MKT501 Marketing Management GDB idea solution spring June...
- CS304 Object Oriented Programming GDB Solution January 2012
- FIN625 GSB No. 1 fall semester spring October 2011
Mr Irfan is using stereotype and contrast effect for the perception of the applicant. Contrast Effects Evaluates a person's Characteristics that are affected by comparisons with other people recently encountered who rank higher or lower on the same characteristics, (HEC ranking list ), while Stereotyping is the process of judging someone on the basis of the group to which he/she belong
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)