Scenario: Mr. Irfan, HR Manager of XYZ Company rejected an applicant in an interview on the basis that the applicant is graduated from a university with low ranking on HEC list and also he belongs to an area where people have strong affiliations with political parties and history of fighting. Q. Due to which perception shortcut, Mr. Irfan has rejected the applicant. Justify your answer.(The answer MUST be less than 100 words)
View more random threads:
- HRM624 GDB idea solution June 2011
- Eng101 gdb solution
- ACC311 Fundamentals of Auditing GDB No. 1 Solution Fall...
- MKT630 International Marketing GDB No.1 Solution Fall...
- MGT301 - Principles of Marketin (GDB) NO.3 Solution Last...
- MGT602 GDB Idea Solution June 2010
- MKT 501 Marketing Management GDB) No. 1 Solution
- MGT201 GDB Solution spring 27 May 2011
- MTH001 - Elementary Mathematics gdb 27 jan 2011
- PHY101 GDB idea Solution spring 2011 on june 07 on 2011
Mr Irfan is using stereotype and contrast effect for the perception of the applicant. Contrast Effects Evaluates a person's Characteristics that are affected by comparisons with other people recently encountered who rank higher or lower on the same characteristics, (HEC ranking list ), while Stereotyping is the process of judging someone on the basis of the group to which he/she belong
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)