Sponsored Links

Thread: Essay on My Hobby Pleasures of books reading, or how I spend my leisure time

98 Essay on My Hobby Pleasures of books reading, or how I spend my leisure time

Sponsored Links1

My hobby
    (Pleasures of books reading, or how I spend my leisure time)
    Outline:
    1. Introduction
    2. Different kinds of hobbies
    3. My hobby-book reading
    4. Pleasures of book reading
    i. I lluminates
    ii. Gives knowledge
    iii. Treasure of wisdom and wise suggestions

iv. A friend to the friendless
    5. Selection of books
    6. Bad effects of bad books
    7. Conclusion
    It is said that an empty mind is devil’s workshop. The moment we sit idle, devil starts instilling evil in our minds. So it is always better to do something constructive in our spare time. Any thing that we do in our spare time is called our hobby. It may or may not help us earn money or reputation. But it dose give us pleasure, peace of mind and satisfaction. People adopt different hobbies according to their age, taste and temperament. Stamp or coin-collecting, gardening, cycling, music, movies and hiking are some hobbies that people usually adopt. All these have their own good or bad aspects. But I think that book reading is far better than all these hobbies as it prepares us for life. It covers all the aspects of man’s life and provides both knowledge and pleasure. In this world of strife and struggle where every body is hankering after money, books are selfless friends. They never leave us in the lurch nor do they reap advantages in our distress. They are helpers to the helpless and friends to the friendless. They are the source of wisdom and pleasure. They teach us how to face and overcome difficulties. They advise us to be sober and dignified both in distress both in distress and happiness. One must be careful in selecting books. Some books are more dangerous than scorpions and more poisonous than snakes. Such books pollute our minds and contaminate our souls. Bacon, the great essayist, says,
    Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested.”
    It means that we should read only such books are illuminate our minds and purify our souls. I have a small library in my house. I have collected a number of books on different topics: politics, religion, Urdu and English literature, science and general knowledge. All these books have been bought with the pocket money that my parents give me every month. Instead of spending it on watching obscene movies an or English films or eating spicy unhygienic food at different hotels, I buy books, I keep them neat and tidy read them in my spare time, I also ask my friends to read books. But I am sorry that some of them never return my books. They think that by digesting books bacon means digesting (grabbing) other people’s books.

Sponsored Links
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information