Sponsored Links

Thread: CS504 Software Engineering - I Assignments No. 2 Dec 11, 2014

CS504 Software Engineering - I Assignments No. 2 Dec 11, 2014

Sponsored Links1

CS504 Software Engineering - I Assignments No. 2 Discussions and Solutions Fall 2014 Due Date Dec 11, 2014

Sponsored Links

Scenario Description:
    In a very famous Option restaurant, they followed a specific system to speed up the preparation of meal.
    The manager provides table to the customer either directly or by call reservations. Each table assigns a number
    plate when it is reserved.
    A device is place in the table. It has three functions i.e. Call, Take Order, Pay Bill. If we press Call button then
    manager comes to the assigned table to resolve any issue regarding seating.
    If we press Take Order then waiter takes order in a Notebook (a list of dishes and drinks ordered by the diner or
    group of diners). Waiter must know that dishes that have been ordered are available or not. The system must
    confirm the availability of dishes. If the dish not available then waiter should ask to change the order. Dishes to
    be prepared are sent to the kitchen and drinks to the drink bar. Starters and main course orders are usually taken
    together. Drinks and desert orders may be taken separately.
    If we press Pay Order then we can pay our bill as cash or by credit card to the waiter. The system also keeps track
    of the numbers of customers served by each waiter management can view these statistics.
    Kitchen staff sees the dish orders on their screen and then prepare them in a proper sequence and confirm
    preparation to the system when complete, similarly with the bar.
    When a waiter sees the completion indications on his terminal he collects the item and then serves to the related
    table number.
    Question: 1
    [5 Marks]
    Derive functional requirements from the above scenario.
    Question: 2
    [10 Marks]
    On the basis of functional requirements, draw UML diagram.

A device is place in the table. It has three functions i.e. Call, Take Order, Pay Bill. If we press Call button then
    manager comes to the assigned table to resolve any issue regarding seating.
    If we press Take Order then waiter takes order in a Notebook (a list of dishes and drinks ordered by the diner or
    group of diners). Waiter must know that dishes that have been ordered are available or not. The system must
    confirm the availability of dishes. If the dish not available then waiter should ask to change the order. Dishes to
    be prepared are sent to the kitchen and drinks to the drink bar. Starters and main course orders are usually taken
    together. Drinks and desert orders may be taken separately.
    If we press Pay Order then we can pay our bill as cash or by credit card to the waiter. The system also keeps track
    of the numbers of customers served by each waiter management can view these statistics.
    Kitchen staff sees the dish orders on their screen and then prepare them in a proper sequence and confirm
    preparation to the system when complete, similarly with the bar.
    you need to find the functional requirements from the given text then you will be able to draw UML
    Hint : all the requirements based on buttons if a button pressed then what will be happened?

Thread Information