thats what i was looking for....
View more random threads:
- FIN-611 Advanced Financial Accounting assignment No 01 3rd...
- cs101 Assignment # 4 is uploed.................... By Ch...
- CS605 Software Engineering-II Assignment No.5 Solution Fall...
- IT430 - E-Commerce Assignment No. 04 Spring 2014 Close...
- Assignment No.1 (Course STA301) Spring 2010 May 4,2010
- MGT401 & MGT402 spring 2012 first assignment
- Assignment submission guide line for virtual university...
- MGT503 Principles of Management Assignment No 1 Due Date:...
- ENG401 Introduction to Literature Short Story & Poetry...
Culturally speaking west believes more on working and achieving goals individually.
They feel proud and happy for their achievements independently.
Mr. Ahmad is working as a “Manager” in a Multinational Software development
Company “Softronix” in USA. He uses to distribute all the tasks amongst the employees
individually. Everyone was happy to work for the goals attainment of the organization
and personal fulfillments. The organization was one of the leading profit generators in
USA. All the employees were happy working with the organization under Mr. Ahmad’s
With this mind set and experience of USA, he was transferred to Japan, where emphasis
is given to working collectively. Collectivism is the main feature of eastern culture. Mr.
Ahmad adopted the same strategy in Japan and distributed the tasks individually. It was
the point where problems begin to create for the company. Gradually the productivity of
the employees decreased, resulting in low profits and difficulties in achieving the goals
effectively and efficiently. The employees were dissatisfied with the job and gradually
The top management of “Softronix” decided to find out the causes of bad performance
despite of being a successful manager in USA.
Q.1: As CEO of the “Softronix” what reasons do you see for the poor performance in
Q.2: Keeping in view the GLOBE framework for assessing the cultures, what other
considerations should Mr. Ahmad look at in order to assess the two totally different
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)