View more random threads:
- CS507 Information Systems Assignment 04 Spring 2014 Due...
- CS402 Assignment 4 Solution July 2010
- ENG-301 Business Communication Assignment 1 solution and...
- Assignment 1 (Fall 2010) Business Communication-ENG301...
- it430 final solution fall 2010 ist assignment
- PSY405 Personality Psychology Assignment No. 01 Solution...
- CS402 assignment-1 discussion and Solution fall 2014
- PSY101 Introduction to Psychology Assignment No.1 Fall...
- Check Online MTH401 Assignment No: 1 Fall 2014 Solution and...
- MGT211 Assignment 2 Solution June 2010
May 04, 2010
Assignment.1 (Lessons 1-8)
Question 1: (Marks: 2+2+2+4=10
(a) Give an answer of the followings:
• For a series mean is 5 and mode is 2, find median of the series
• What is aim of collecting numerical data for a statistical study?
• Write down the functions of statistics.
A paint retailer has had numerous complaints from customers about under-filled paint cans. As a result retailer started to inspect the incoming shipments. A recent shipment contained 2,440 gallon-size cans. The retailer sampled 50 cans and weighted each on a scale capable of measuring weight up to four decimal places and properly filled cans weight 10 pounds.
Now for this problem
1. Describe a population
2. Describe a variable of interest
3. Describe the data type of variable
4. Describe a sample
Question 2: Marks: 2+2+6=10
(a) How collection of data is performed with the help of enumerators?
(b) Average height of the students in a school is 5.2 inches. A sample of 12 students showed the following heights in inches.
5.0, 5.3, 5.2, 4.9, 4.11, 5.0, 5.5, 5.4, 5.1, 5.0, 5.2, 4.10
Calculate the sampling error.
(c) Find the missing frequencies and complete the following table.
Question 3: Marks: 2+8 =10
(a) Can we find out the Median from the following data? If yes, write the reason (No need to calculate the median).
(b) Compute Mean, Median and Mode from the following data
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)