View more random threads:
- CS502 Fundamentals of Algorithms Assignment No. 01 Graded...
- More Questions More learning at Distance learning...
- CS402:Thoery of Automata Assignment No.02 Spring 2010 May...
- CS506 Web Design and Development Assignment 1 Fall semester...
- MGMT628 Assignment 2 Solution June 2010
- CS610 Computer Networks Assignment 2 May 11,2010
- Assignment No. 01 Human Resource Management (MGT501) Fall...
- MGT 603 Assignment # @ solution required
- MTH001 - Elementary Mathematics first assignment fall 2010
May 04, 2010
Assignment.1 (Lessons 1-8)
Question 1: (Marks: 2+2+2+4=10
(a) Give an answer of the followings:
• For a series mean is 5 and mode is 2, find median of the series
• What is aim of collecting numerical data for a statistical study?
• Write down the functions of statistics.
A paint retailer has had numerous complaints from customers about under-filled paint cans. As a result retailer started to inspect the incoming shipments. A recent shipment contained 2,440 gallon-size cans. The retailer sampled 50 cans and weighted each on a scale capable of measuring weight up to four decimal places and properly filled cans weight 10 pounds.
Now for this problem
1. Describe a population
2. Describe a variable of interest
3. Describe the data type of variable
4. Describe a sample
Question 2: Marks: 2+2+6=10
(a) How collection of data is performed with the help of enumerators?
(b) Average height of the students in a school is 5.2 inches. A sample of 12 students showed the following heights in inches.
5.0, 5.3, 5.2, 4.9, 4.11, 5.0, 5.5, 5.4, 5.1, 5.0, 5.2, 4.10
Calculate the sampling error.
(c) Find the missing frequencies and complete the following table.
Question 3: Marks: 2+8 =10
(a) Can we find out the Median from the following data? If yes, write the reason (No need to calculate the median).
(b) Compute Mean, Median and Mode from the following data
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)