What is the term used to define the number of subordinates directly controlled by a manager?
View more random threads:
- cs401 1st quize
- STA301 - Statistics and Probability
- CS410 Visual Programming Midterm Paper 28 May 2010
- MGT501 Human Resource Management Quiz No.1 Discussions Fall...
- MGT613 Midterm Paper June 2010
- MGT402 Cost & Management Accounting Online Quiz No.4...
- MGT301 MCQ May Solved and Unsolved 2010
- MKT501 - Marketing Management MID term solved paper reqired
- CS614 - Data Warehousing quiz announcement 26th January,...
- CS609 - System Programming Quiz No. 01 Solutio Spring 2014
A: division management
C: sphere of influence
D: investment span
E: span of management
2. Which management theorist is responsible for the motivation-hygiene theory?
A: Abraham Maslow
B: Dale Hawthorne
C: Peter Drucker
D: Frederick Herzberg
E: Dave Pelz
3. What kind of organizational structure combines a vertical chain of command with horizontal reporting requirements?
A: line authority
D: quality circle
4. What is the name for a contract that expressly forbids an employee from joining a union?
A: fixed-price contract
B: yellow-dog contract
C: blacklist contract
D: cost-reimbursement contract
E: unfair list contract
5. What kind of training program is most appropriate for a simple task?
A: on-the-job training
B: vestibule training
C: laboratory training
D: away-from-the-job training
E: job rotation
6. Which leadership theory suggests that management style should adapt itself to changing circumstances?
A: autocratic theory
B: participatory theory
C: permissive theory
D: delegation theory
E: contingency theory
7. According to Abraham Maslow, the most elevated type of need is _____.
8. Which of the following was NOT a result of the Wagner Act of 1935?
A: employers were forbidden from interfering with union activity.
B: the National Labor Relations Board was created.
C: a normal workweek was defined as 40 hours.
D: employers could no longer engage in collective bargaining with unions.
E: employers could no longer discriminate in hiring and firing based on union membership.
9. Which management concept suggests that low-importance decisions be handled by subordinates, so that managers can focus on high-importance decisions?
A: management by exception
B: exclusionary management
C: inclusionary management
D: management by objective
E: participatory management
10. Which human resource document outlines the qualifications required for the jobholder?
A: job announcements
B: job specification
C: job application
D: job description
E: job portfolio
[B]The more knowledge you have, the greater will be your fear of Allah.[/B]
Please Join My [B]Group Vuhelp[/B][B], Birthday Wishing, Daily Hadees[/B] [CODE][B]http://vuhelp.net/groups/vuhelp.html[/B]
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)