What is the term used to define the number of subordinates directly controlled by a manager?
View more random threads:
- MTH302 Business Mathematics & Statistic Lecture 23 to 32...
- Mgt401 Financial Accounting II Quiz no.1 Ideal solution...
- STA301 - Statistics and Probability 11th April, 2011 At...
- MGT402 Online Quiz No 02 Solution & Discussion Last Date...
- MGT201 Quiz July 2010
- MGT603 - Strategic Management Solved latest paper MID term...
- Eco-402 Microeconomics Quiz no 1 fall 2014 Closing Date Is...
- CS501 Advance Computer Architecture solved 1st quiz...
- ENG201 Business and Technical English Writing Quiz No.1...
- CS504 Paper May 2010
A: division management
C: sphere of influence
D: investment span
E: span of management
2. Which management theorist is responsible for the motivation-hygiene theory?
A: Abraham Maslow
B: Dale Hawthorne
C: Peter Drucker
D: Frederick Herzberg
E: Dave Pelz
3. What kind of organizational structure combines a vertical chain of command with horizontal reporting requirements?
A: line authority
D: quality circle
4. What is the name for a contract that expressly forbids an employee from joining a union?
A: fixed-price contract
B: yellow-dog contract
C: blacklist contract
D: cost-reimbursement contract
E: unfair list contract
5. What kind of training program is most appropriate for a simple task?
A: on-the-job training
B: vestibule training
C: laboratory training
D: away-from-the-job training
E: job rotation
6. Which leadership theory suggests that management style should adapt itself to changing circumstances?
A: autocratic theory
B: participatory theory
C: permissive theory
D: delegation theory
E: contingency theory
7. According to Abraham Maslow, the most elevated type of need is _____.
8. Which of the following was NOT a result of the Wagner Act of 1935?
A: employers were forbidden from interfering with union activity.
B: the National Labor Relations Board was created.
C: a normal workweek was defined as 40 hours.
D: employers could no longer engage in collective bargaining with unions.
E: employers could no longer discriminate in hiring and firing based on union membership.
9. Which management concept suggests that low-importance decisions be handled by subordinates, so that managers can focus on high-importance decisions?
A: management by exception
B: exclusionary management
C: inclusionary management
D: management by objective
E: participatory management
10. Which human resource document outlines the qualifications required for the jobholder?
A: job announcements
B: job specification
C: job application
D: job description
E: job portfolio
[B]The more knowledge you have, the greater will be your fear of Allah.[/B]
Please Join My [B]Group Vuhelp[/B][B], Birthday Wishing, Daily Hadees[/B] [CODE][B]http://vuhelp.net/groups/vuhelp.html[/B]
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)