View more random threads:
- ECO402 GDB2 Solution July 2010
- FIN630 Investment Analysis & Portfolio GDB Solution Fall...
- Mkt630 GDB idea solution No. 2 spring 2011
- MCM516 GDB No. 1 Spring 2011 Idea Solution
- CS615 Software Project Management GDB No. 1 Solution Fall...
- CS403 GDB Solution 12 May 2010
- MGT611 - Business & Labor Law GDB Closing Dat Tuesday,...
- MGT502 Organizational Behavior GDB No.1 Solution Spring...
- MGT402 GDB Solution & Discussion solution fall 5/01/2011
- MGT111 Introduction to Public Administration Discussion...Please Don't Copy As it is JazakAllah khair
"We use ER Data Model in conceptual database design instead of using other models but we never use ER data model in our logical database design"
In software engineering, an entity-relationship model (ERM) is an
abstract and conceptual representation of data. Entity-relationship
modeling is a database modeling method, used to produce a type of
conceptual schema or semantic data model of a system, often a relational
database, and its requirements in a top-down fashion. Diagrams created
by this process are called entity-relationship diagrams, ER diagrams, or
The Entity-Relationship Model model serves as the foundation of many
systems analysis and design methodologies, computer-aided software
engineering (CASE) tools, and repository systems. The ER Model is the
basis for IBM's Repository Manager/MVS and DEC's CDD/Plus.
Dr. Peter Chen's original paper is commonly cited as the definitive
reference for Entity Relationship Modeling. Chen did not in fact invent
the concept; the basic ideas appear in earlier papers especially by
practitioners, such as that by A. P. G. Brown.[ However, Chen did more
than anyone to formalize and popularize the model, and to introduce it
to the academic literature.
The ER Model was adopted as the meta model ANSI Standard in
Information Resource Directory System (IRDS), and the ER approach
has been ranked at the top methodology for database design and one of
the top methodologies in systems development by several surveys of
Fortune 500 companies.[
Last edited by viki; 07-30-2010 at 09:40 PM.
[B]The more knowledge you have, the greater will be your fear of Allah.[/B]
Please Join My [B]Group Vuhelp[/B][B], Birthday Wishing, Daily Hadees[/B] [CODE][B]http://vuhelp.net/groups/vuhelp.html[/B]
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)