Scenario: Mr. Irfan, HR Manager of XYZ Company rejected an applicant in an interview on the basis that the applicant is graduated from a university with low ranking on HEC list and also he belongs to an area where people have strong affiliations with political parties and history of fighting. Q. Due to which perception shortcut, Mr. Irfan has rejected the applicant. Justify your answer.(The answer MUST be less than 100 words)
View more random threads:
- Mkt624 GDB No. 1 fall spring october 2011
- MGt610 GDB idea solution spring 2011
- MGT713 Production / Operations Management GDB No. 1...
- mgmt630 GDB solution 2011
- ACC501 Business Finance GDB Solution Spring Semester July...
- MGT201 Financial Management GDB Solution Spring June 2013
- Fin621 GDB No. 2 idea solution December 2011
- MGT520 International Business GDB No.2 Solution Spring...
- Mkt621 GDB 3 Spring idea solution July 2011
- MGT402 Cost and Managment Accounting GDB Solution May10,2010
Mr Irfan is using stereotype and contrast effect for the perception of the applicant. Contrast Effects Evaluates a person's Characteristics that are affected by comparisons with other people recently encountered who rank higher or lower on the same characteristics, (HEC ranking list ), while Stereotyping is the process of judging someone on the basis of the group to which he/she belong
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)