View more random threads:
- Solution MGT 602 Entrepreneurship May 4,2010
- MGT601 SME Management Assignment No. 01 Fall 2014 Ideal...
- CS101 - Introduction to Computing Assignment No. 02...
- CS101 - Introduction to Computing
- PHY301 Circuit Theory Assignment No.1 Solution Spring...
- Artificial Intelligence cs607 5th ASsignment July, 2010
- CS001 Assignment 3 Solution June 2010
- Solution of CS101
- CS609 System Programming Assignment No. 2 Solution Fall...
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT (MGMT625) Assignment 1 fall, october, ...
1. METRO Cash & Carry has introduced wholesaling from side to side departmental stores for retailers in a wide range of products counting apparel, furniture, and electricity.
2. Supply Chain organization (SCM) is the process of planning, implementing and controlling the operations of the supply chain with the purpose to satisfy customer requirements as efficiently as possible.
3. They have central checkout areas and their target is professional customers ranging from gastronomy & hotels, food & non-food traders to service businesses and large institutional buyers for which greater efficiency, more favorable prices and flexible working hours are available.
4. Effective SCM ensures efficient handling of thousands of orders, shipments & deliveries to ensure desired goods arrive at the right place at the right time.
1. It reaches the customer through a chain of UN armed forces which may be a retailer, wholesaler or an Agent. Each member of the chain has its own interests and profit margin.
2. In the traditional setup, after a product is artificial by a supplier/factory, it is typically stored in a allocation company’s warehouse.
3. A customer has to collect his demand from different locations; everything is not available at one place.
4. These factors have been catered for by METRO Cash & Carry through the SCM system where everything is accessible in abundance with highest level of quality and sensible rates.
5. The customers are offered flexible business hours, stock availability, quality assurance, after sales service, with a One Stop solution for their purchases with more favorable prices compared to traditional procurement sources.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)