dua date May 11,2010
View more random threads:
- MTH603 - Numerical Analysis Assignment No. 02 Fall Semester...
- CS604 Operating Systems Assignment No.01 Solution and...
- ENG201 - Business and Technical English Writing Assignments...
- Assignment solution for MBA,MCS and MIT
- CS702 Advanced Algorithms Analysis and Design Assignment...
- ECO402 First Assignment idea solution October, fall 2012
- CS504 Software Engineering - I Assignments No. 2 Dec 11,...
- MGT-504 Organization Theory & Design Assignment 2 solution...
- Fin622 Solution 1 July 2010
- Mathematical Economics (ECO406) Assignment No 1 Solution...
Question 1: (Marks: 4x2=8)
Give an answer of short questions.
a) Why Quartile deviation is better than the Rang?
b) How standard deviation is better than mean absolute deviation?
c) What is the uselessness of Chebyshe’s Theorem?
d) If coefficient of skewness = 0, then what would you say about the skewness of the distribution?
Question 2: (Marks: 4+8=12)
a) Show that the range is greatly affected by the extreme values; interpret the result.
996 999 9 997 995 1000 1014 1002 1001
b) The mean and the standard deviation of a set of values is 50 and 10. Compute and . Interpret the results in the light of (i) empirical rule (ii) Chebyshe’s inequality.
Question 3: (Marks: 5+5=10)
a. Find the first two moments about mean from the following data.
X= 34, 70, 42, 54, 40, 68, 56, 38, 36, 72
b. Calculate Bowley’s coefficient of skewness from the following information.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)