dua date May 11,2010
View more random threads:
- ENG001 Elementary English Assignment No 1 Solution Spring...
- cs506 and cs605 old solved midterm papers required
- mgt411 fall 2010 first assignment
- FIN630 Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management...
- MTH101 - Calculus And Analytical Geometry Assignment 5...
- CS614 Data Warehousing Assignment No 4 Discussion Spring...
- ENG101 First Assignment idea solution October, fall 2012
- ENG201 Technical and Business English Writing Online Quiz...
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management (FIN630) ...
Question 1: (Marks: 4x2=8)
Give an answer of short questions.
a) Why Quartile deviation is better than the Rang?
b) How standard deviation is better than mean absolute deviation?
c) What is the uselessness of Chebyshe’s Theorem?
d) If coefficient of skewness = 0, then what would you say about the skewness of the distribution?
Question 2: (Marks: 4+8=12)
a) Show that the range is greatly affected by the extreme values; interpret the result.
996 999 9 997 995 1000 1014 1002 1001
b) The mean and the standard deviation of a set of values is 50 and 10. Compute and . Interpret the results in the light of (i) empirical rule (ii) Chebyshe’s inequality.
Question 3: (Marks: 5+5=10)
a. Find the first two moments about mean from the following data.
X= 34, 70, 42, 54, 40, 68, 56, 38, 36, 72
b. Calculate Bowley’s coefficient of skewness from the following information.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)