[Sahih Muslim : Book 6, Book Name 'Kitab Al-Sawm' Number 2625]

504.jpg

Abu Sa 'id al-Khudri (Radi Allah Anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) spent in devotion (in i'tikaf) the middle ten nights of the month of Ramadan, and when twenty nights were over and it was the twenty-first night, he went back to his residence and those who were along with him also returned (to their respective residences). He spent one month in devotion. Then he addressed the people on the night he came back (to his residence) and commanded them as Allah desired (him to command) and then said: I used to devote myself (observe i'tikaf) during these ten (nights). Then I started devoting myself in the last ten (nights). And he who desires to observe i'tikaf along with me should spend the night) at his place of i'tikaf. And I saw this night (Lailat-ul-Qadr) but I forgot it (the exact night) ; so seek it;In the last ten nights on odd numbers.

[Sahih Muslim : Book 6, Book Name 'Kitab Al-Sawm' Number 2627]

505.jpg

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Radi Allah Anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) observed i'tikaf (confined himself for devotion and prayer) in the first ten (days) of Ramadan; he then observed i'tikaf in the middle ten (days) in a Turkish tent with a mat hanging at its door. He (the Holy Prophet) took hold of that mat and placed it in the nook of the tent. He then put his head out and talked with people and they came near him, and he (the Holy Prophet) said: I observed i'tikaf in the first ten (nights and days) in order to seek that night (Lailat-ul-Qadr). I then observed i'tikaf in the middle ten days. Then (an angel) was sent to me and I was told that this (night) is among the last ten (nights). He who among you likes to observe i'tikaf should do so; and the people observed it along with him, and he (the Holy Prophet) said: That (Lailat-ul-Qadr) was shown to me on an odd (night) and I (saw in the dream) that I was prostrating in the morning in clay and water. So in the morning of the twenty-first night when he (the Holy Prophet) got up for dawn (prayer). there was a rainfall and the mosque dripped, and I saw clay and water. When he came out after completing the morning prayer (I saw) that his forehead and the tip of his nose had (traces) of clay and water, and that was the twenty-first night among the last ten (nights).

[Sahih Bukhari : Volume 3, Book 33, Book Name 'I'tikaf' Number 242]

1889.gif

Narrated Abdullah bin Umar (Radi Allah Anhu): Allah's Apostle (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) used to practise Itikaf in the last ten days of the month of Ramadan.

[Sahih Bukhari : Volume 3, Book 33, Book Name 'I'tikaf ' Number 243]

978.gif

Narrated 'Aisha (Radi Allah Anha) the wife of the Prophet Muhammad (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam): The Prophet Muhammad (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) used to practise Itikaf in the last ten days of Ramazan till he died and then his wives used to practise Itikaf after him.

Sponsored Links

[Sahih Bukhari : Volume 3, Book 33, Book Name 'I'tikaf ' Number 260]

983.gif

Narrated 'Abu Haraira (Radi Allah Anhu) : The Prophet Muhammad (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) used to perform Itikaf every year in the month of Ramazan for ten days and when it was the year of his death, he stayed in Itikaf for twenty days."