Definition of I’tikaf
View more random threads:
- shab e meraj ki ibadat in urdu May 2014
- روزہ کس پر فرض ہے؟ roza kis per faraz ha ?
- Biwi Kay Huqooq in Islam
- Jb Tm Kisi Ki Dawat Kartay Ho Our Wo Nhi Aye Tou
- Ramadan main roza kohlnay ki dua
- Life is Test Islam is best Namaz is must Aakhrat is for rest
- Namaz kay 10(das) faiday
- Hadees About Look at those who stand lower level than you
- Hadith About A family which has dates will not be hungry
- Plz Recite At Least 01 Time and Forward
The literal definition of the word Itikaf is to stay in a particular place, however in the definition of the faith of Islam, this word means to stay in the Masjid for a particular time period in the worship of Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him) while maintaining certain conditions.
In the state of I’tikaf, a person can stand, sit, sleep, etc… and there is not one particular ‘form’ that this retreat must be carried out in (unlike the salat which has a specific form to it). What is important in this period is to obey the commandments of Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him), to refrain from the things which He has prohibited (both in life in general and in this three day sojourn) and to be in the service of Him.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)