Definition of I’tikaf
View more random threads:
- Juma Mubarak 2013-14
- Hadees Say Utmost Kindness and Courtesy for Guests
- Quran about Who are Believers according to Quran
- Khuda ko sajda,khuda k ghar me, khuda gawah mahal hoa
- Zara Sa muskura dena aaj Jumme ka din hai 2013-14
- New eid milad nabi wallpaper 2012
- Juma Mubarak Images Wallpapers 2014
- Shab E Barat Ki Fazilat In Urdu 24th June 2013
- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) Said On the Day of Jumma and...
- Aaj se aamiri garibi ka fasle na rahe January 2013
The literal definition of the word Itikaf is to stay in a particular place, however in the definition of the faith of Islam, this word means to stay in the Masjid for a particular time period in the worship of Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him) while maintaining certain conditions.
In the state of I’tikaf, a person can stand, sit, sleep, etc… and there is not one particular ‘form’ that this retreat must be carried out in (unlike the salat which has a specific form to it). What is important in this period is to obey the commandments of Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him), to refrain from the things which He has prohibited (both in life in general and in this three day sojourn) and to be in the service of Him.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)