Definition of I’tikaf
View more random threads:
- Third Islamic kalma in Arabic with urdu translation Ramadan...
- Jumma Mubarak Text Messages 2015 version
- Rahmaton ki hai yeh raat Namazon 25 January 2013
- Sura Yasin relief from azaab in the grave May 2013
- Hazrat Ibrahim Story In Urdu Language January 2013
- Medical science and namaz
- Imam Hasan Askari (A.s) The signs of a believers are five...
- Beautiful Golden Sayings Hazrat Ali June 2013
- Jumma Mubarak 2014 wallpapers
- All Pakistan Prayer Times 2014-2015
The literal definition of the word Itikaf is to stay in a particular place, however in the definition of the faith of Islam, this word means to stay in the Masjid for a particular time period in the worship of Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him) while maintaining certain conditions.
In the state of I’tikaf, a person can stand, sit, sleep, etc… and there is not one particular ‘form’ that this retreat must be carried out in (unlike the salat which has a specific form to it). What is important in this period is to obey the commandments of Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him), to refrain from the things which He has prohibited (both in life in general and in this three day sojourn) and to be in the service of Him.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)