Definition of I’tikaf
View more random threads:
- Ramadan Calendar Ballina City (Ireland ) Iftar Time on...
- Islam discussion on Ramadan for August 2011
- Golden Words Of Hazrat Ghani January 2013
- Aaj Hajj ka pak din hai ALLAH sab hajiyon ka hajj qabool...
- Juma Mubarak 2013-14
- Din Main 5 Time Namaz Parho Din Mai 5 time Namaz
- Juma Ki Namaz Main Jald Anay Ki Fazilat January 2013
- Shab e Barat Mubarak Allah karey Sab Hamesha 24th June 2013
- Shab_E_Meraj Will Be 0n 26th May 2014 on Monday Maybe My...
- Jumma In Ramadan The Day Of Salvation July 2014
The literal definition of the word Itikaf is to stay in a particular place, however in the definition of the faith of Islam, this word means to stay in the Masjid for a particular time period in the worship of Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him) while maintaining certain conditions.
In the state of I’tikaf, a person can stand, sit, sleep, etc… and there is not one particular ‘form’ that this retreat must be carried out in (unlike the salat which has a specific form to it). What is important in this period is to obey the commandments of Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him), to refrain from the things which He has prohibited (both in life in general and in this three day sojourn) and to be in the service of Him.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)