Pakistani stocks on Tuesday rose on hopes margin trading would soon be approved following a scheduled meeting between the Securities and Exchange Commission and stock exchange authorities the next day.
View more random threads:
- ABID CURRENCY exchange in Peshawar to change the currency...
- Board of Directors Meeting Still to come From 25 August to...
- KSE 100-share index raise 189 points up
- AHMAD MONEY CHANGER in Lahore 2011
- 31 Jan, 2015 KSE Live – Online Karachi Stock Exchange
- forex broker in Karachi pakistan 2011
- Brief Analysis of the supports and Resistance of KSE-100...
- Karachi stock exchange analysis for June, 2012 by Waqtnews...
- OGDC Improving Cash Position Reviews 13 August 2010
- Pakistan Prize Bond Results of 750 Rs bond drawn on 15th...
The Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE), benchmark 100-share index <.KSE> ended 1.91 percent, or 189.03 points, higher at 10,068.36, on turnover of 77.97 million shares.
"Investors took fresh positions as they are expecting some positive outcome from tomorrow's meeting on margin trading," an analyst said.
In the currency market, the rupee ended almost flat at 85.66/76 to the dollar, compared with Thursday's close of 85.65/71 to the dollar and dealers expect pressure on the local unit to continue amid higher import payments.
The rupee hit a record low of 86.03 last week and has lost 0.42 percent this year, after losing 6.17 percent in 2009.
In the money market, overnight rates ended lower at 10.10 percent, compared with Thursday's close of between 11.0 and 11.5 percent, and dealers expect rates to rise in the short term.
Dealers said the next outflows amounting to 103 billion rupees ($1.2 billion) were scheduled for Friday.
Markets were closed from Friday and reopened on Tuesday because of the Muslim festival of Eid-ul-Fitr.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)