ADMISSION PROCEDURE General Eligibility & Merit Criteria For Ph.D/MS/MPhil/LLM:
View more random threads:
- University of Wah Date Sheets for 2011-2012
- Indira Gandhi Institute Mumbai Admission Open...
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) latest Date...
- Punjab University B.A and B.Sc Result for ISLAMABAD Students
- B. Ed. 2nd Annual Examination, 2010 & 1st Annual...
- Policy for 2010-2011 academic year is available now
- National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)latest...
- TRANSCRIPT FEE for virtual university of Pakistan Students
- Punjab Univeristy Lahore Examination Admission Forms for...
- FEE STATUS OF STUDY’S INACTIVE STUDENTS at Virtual...
- For admission to Ph.D programs candidates should have at least 65% marks (annual system) or CGPA 3.00/4.00 (semester system) in MS/M.Phil with GRE/NTS-GAT (Subject) with minimum 50%-60% score. All Ph.D programmes are designed for 3 years duration comprising of course-work, seminar on research proposal, writing of a thesis on an approved topic, research seminar, evaluation of thesis by two foreign experts and defence of the thesis in a viva-voce examination.
- For admission to MS programs candidates must have at least 60% marks or CGPA 2.50/4.00 in MA/M.Sc./BS (16 years) a GMAT/GAT (General) with minimum 50% score. All MS programs are designed for duration of 2 years comprising of course-work, research seminar, writing of thesis on an approved topic and its defence in a viva-voce examination.
- Merit for Admission will be based on academic record (30%), written test (50%) and interview (20%).
General Eligibility & Merit Criteria for MBA /M.Ed:
- Candidates should have at least 50% marks or CGPA 2.00/4.00 in their bachelor’s degree.
- • Merit for Admission will be based on academic record (30%); written test (50%) & interview (20%). Above degree programs are designed for (2–3) years comprised of course-work or thesis/dissertation on an approved topic and its defence in viva-voce examination.
General Eligibility & Merit Criteria for BS Programs:
- For admission to BS Programs, Candidates should have at least 50% marks in HSSC or equivalent.
- Merit for Admission will be based on academic record (40%) and written test (60%).
- • All Bachelor degree programmes are designed for duration of 4-years except B.A/LL.B which is designed for 6-years duration (including one year language programme Arabic & English).
- Candidates holding degrees from other Universities shall be admitted as Provisional Students and shall be required to study/pass prescribed preparatory course work before qualifying for regular courses. Time spent for preparatory courses shall not be counted towards normal duration of a degree. Students studying preparatory courses shall not be allowed to register regular courses of the respective degree programs unless they pass their preparatory courses.
Students with awaiting results: Applicants awaiting results (only those who have already appeared in the exams) can also apply for admission and if they pass the entry test they shall be given provisional admission until declaration of their respective results. Such candidates are required to fill in the undertaking that he/she will submit result within two month’s time after commencement of semester and if he/she fails to secure required marks or CGPA, his / her admission shall be treated as cancelled immediately without any further notice and continuation of studies shall be considered Unlawful. Applicants securing straight pass grades with required percentage only shall be eligible for continuation of studies.
The absolute value of percentage is considered as final; it is not rounded off to next whole number e.g. 49.9% is considered 49.9% and NOT 50%. Test Schedule:
- Schedule for admission test is available on IIUI website. No Separate call letter will be issued to any candidate.
- Result of the admission Test will be announced through IIUI website within five days after the date of admission test.
- There will be no interview for BBA/BS/LLB programmes.
- Classes are held from 8.30 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. according to the time table of respective Faculty/Department.
Deferment of Studies:
- Admission of a newly admitted candidate may be deferred to a subsequent semester or session provided the candidate applies for deferment before joining and paying the university fee.
Code of Conduct:
- Students shall be required to abide by the prescribed Rules and Regulations of IIUI and observe the dress code and basic Islamic tenets failing which student disciplinary action can be initiated as per disciplinary regulations enforce from time to time
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM: Application Form /Prospectus can be purchased against payment of Rs.300/- from:
- Habib Bank IIU Branch Sector H-10
- First Women Bank Ltd, Women Campus, IIU Branch Sector H-10, Islamabad.
- Application Forms for Admission can be downloaded from here . In case of any trouble please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org & receive admission form through email.
- Admission Form can also be obtained through post by sending self addressed envelop of 10”x12” along with draft of Rs.350/- on the following address at least 10 days before the closing date:
Admission Office, Basement, Admin. Block, IIU, Sector H-10, Islamabad
Before submitting your form please checks that:
Non-refundable Application Processing Fee.
- Rs.700/- (for Pakistani Applicants)
- Rs.1000/- (Downloaded forms from IIU Website)
- US $ 40 (for overseas Applicants) is paid in the shape of Deposit Challan or Bank Draft or Pay Order in favour of IIUI payable at HBL IIU Branch (1844), Islamabad, A/C No.1844-00-1016-32 and attached with the form.
Application form is duly filled, signed and submitted in duplicate.
Four passport size photographs are attached.
Two (02) sets of attested photocopies of final degree/certificates and other testimonials are attached.
Copy of computerized NIC or Passport for candidates over the age of 18 years and Child Registration Form for candidates below 18 years is supplied. For foreign students, Government of Pakistan permission form and students Visa Form (Download from IIUI website International Islamic University are attached.
Applications received after the due date shall not be accepted.
Applicants must bring the following material at the time of the Entry test:
- Test Admission Slip.
- Original NIC.
- Clipboard, eraser, sharpener and two pencils / ball pen.
- Calculators, Mobile phones, and other communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
Application form in duplicate must reach IIUI before the last date on the following address:
- FOR MALE APPLICANTS: (Pakistani) Admission Office, Basement, Admin. Block, International Islamic University, Sector H-10, Islamabad, Pakistan Ph: +92-51-9257988 +92-51-9257988 , Fax: 9257923.
FOR FEMALE APPLICANTS: (Pakistani) Admission Office, Room No.S-12, Admin Block, Women Campus, International Islamic University, H-10, Islamabad, Pakistan Ph: +92-51-9257985 +92-51-9257985 , 9019327; Fax: 9257929.
FOR OVERSEAS APPLICANTS (Male & Female): Overseas Admission Office, Room No. 129,1st Floor, Admin. Block, International Islamic University Sector H-10, Islamabad – Pakistan.
ADMISSION TEST: Admissions are granted to the candidate (except overseas) on basis of written test and interview as per details announced by the University. The admission test focuses language skills in Arabic/English language, subject aptitude and general analytical skills on the pattern of TOEFL, GMAT and SAT. The weightage for admission test / interview and previous qualification is given below:
Admission Merit CriteriaMASTERS/PH.D Academics Qualification: 30% Admission Test: 50% Interview: 20% UNDER GRADUATE Academic Qualification: 40% Admission Test: 60%
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)