STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT (MGT 603)
View more random threads:
- Assignment No. 01 MGT601 SME Management Solution Ideas Fall...
- FIN622 Corporate Finance Fall 2014 Assignment No. 01 Last...
- CS601- Data Communication CS601- Data Communication...
- solution CS605 software eng
- Phy301 Circuit Theory Assignment 01 Close Date November...
- CS507 Information System Assignment No. 01 Solution Fall...
- MGT301 - Principles of Marketing Assignment # 01Idea...
- CS614 Data Warehousing Assignment No 4 Discussion Spring...
- Assignment No 1 Islamic Modes Of Financing FIN 624 Fall...
SEMESTER SPRING (2010)
DUE DATE: MAY 13th, 2010 TOTAL MARKS: 20
Key External Factors
As you have studied about external and internal factors in an industry analysis. Your job is to identify only the key external factors (Threats and Opportunities) of Virtual University of Pakistan. You should point out at least 10 Opportunities and threats of Virtual University. Furthermore your points should be in a bullet form and avoid any further explanation.
Following are the Key External Opportunities for VU to growth and progress in the business environment.
Governmental based Entity
Accredit and internationally recognized
On board Experienced Teachers.
Organized network and staffing.
Stable educational Program, inclusive of online books, lectures & handouts.
Fast Growing & Emerging Customer needs (enormous youth population)
E-based Expanding global markets
Flexible schedule (e.g. 24 /7 availability of system)
Comparatively Low Fee and other charges.
The possible threats for the VU with respect to the external environment that poses a danger to its well-being.
Threat of New competitor
Foreign influence (many on-line international universities)
Funding will constrain educational reform.
Current law and policy has not kept up with reform objectives
Lack of funding will constrain appropriate staffing
Many Unfunded mandates
Lack of flexibility (example- charter schools have more flexibility)
Deficiency of staffing.
Requirement of updated Books and handout.
Lacking in new educational programs in line with customer need.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)