STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT (MGT 603)
View more random threads:
- Please post your assignment with the right subject in right...
- CS201 Assignment vo 3 Solution 20th January 2016
- MGT704 Organization Theory & Design Assignment No 1...
- MTH001 - Elementary Mathematics first assignment fall 2010
- MTH603 Assignment 4 Idea Solution 14 July 2010
- Mgt201 Financial Management ASSIGNMENT # 01 Solution May...
- CS408 Human Computer Interaction Assignment No. 01 Fall...
- Assignment No. 1 MGT611 Business & Labor Law Solution and...
- CS 507 Information systems Solution Spring 2010 May 17
- Financial accounting-ii (mgt401) Solution Assignment no.1...
SEMESTER SPRING (2010)
DUE DATE: MAY 13th, 2010 TOTAL MARKS: 20
Key External Factors
As you have studied about external and internal factors in an industry analysis. Your job is to identify only the key external factors (Threats and Opportunities) of Virtual University of Pakistan. You should point out at least 10 Opportunities and threats of Virtual University. Furthermore your points should be in a bullet form and avoid any further explanation.
Following are the Key External Opportunities for VU to growth and progress in the business environment.
Governmental based Entity
Accredit and internationally recognized
On board Experienced Teachers.
Organized network and staffing.
Stable educational Program, inclusive of online books, lectures & handouts.
Fast Growing & Emerging Customer needs (enormous youth population)
E-based Expanding global markets
Flexible schedule (e.g. 24 /7 availability of system)
Comparatively Low Fee and other charges.
The possible threats for the VU with respect to the external environment that poses a danger to its well-being.
Threat of New competitor
Foreign influence (many on-line international universities)
Funding will constrain educational reform.
Current law and policy has not kept up with reform objectives
Lack of funding will constrain appropriate staffing
Many Unfunded mandates
Lack of flexibility (example- charter schools have more flexibility)
Deficiency of staffing.
Requirement of updated Books and handout.
Lacking in new educational programs in line with customer need.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)