STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT (MGT 603)
View more random threads:
- MTH603 Assignment 2 Solution Spring 2010 May 9
- Eng201 solved mcqs
- ENG301 Assignment No. 2
- CS615 Assignment 5 Deadline 22 July 2010
- MKT530 Assignment No : 2 Solutions Spring Fall 2014 Due...
- STA301 Statistics and Probability Assignment No.3 Solution...
- CS508 Modern Programming Languages Assignments No. 2 fall...
- CS304 Object Oriented Programming Assignment 02 Fall 2014...
- GSc101 General Science Assignment # 02 Discussion And...
- FIN623 Taxation Management Assignment No. 01 Solution and...
SEMESTER SPRING (2010)
DUE DATE: MAY 13th, 2010 TOTAL MARKS: 20
Key External Factors
As you have studied about external and internal factors in an industry analysis. Your job is to identify only the key external factors (Threats and Opportunities) of Virtual University of Pakistan. You should point out at least 10 Opportunities and threats of Virtual University. Furthermore your points should be in a bullet form and avoid any further explanation.
Following are the Key External Opportunities for VU to growth and progress in the business environment.
Governmental based Entity
Accredit and internationally recognized
On board Experienced Teachers.
Organized network and staffing.
Stable educational Program, inclusive of online books, lectures & handouts.
Fast Growing & Emerging Customer needs (enormous youth population)
E-based Expanding global markets
Flexible schedule (e.g. 24 /7 availability of system)
Comparatively Low Fee and other charges.
The possible threats for the VU with respect to the external environment that poses a danger to its well-being.
Threat of New competitor
Foreign influence (many on-line international universities)
Funding will constrain educational reform.
Current law and policy has not kept up with reform objectives
Lack of funding will constrain appropriate staffing
Many Unfunded mandates
Lack of flexibility (example- charter schools have more flexibility)
Deficiency of staffing.
Requirement of updated Books and handout.
Lacking in new educational programs in line with customer need.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)