A complex sentences has one independent of
View more random threads:
- Sikkim Lottery result 18th February 2016
- Adnan Akmal is selected for Test series 9 November, 2010
- Angelina Jolie meets flood victims in Pakistan nowshera 7th...
- UPTET Official Answer Key 2016 for Paper 1 & 2
- La Primitiva Lotto result 20th February 2016
- A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2016 by...
- My friend Suleman Gondal Pass away please pray for him and...
- Free model papers and online mock exams for NEET PG
- Sikkim Lottery result 19th February 2016
- national saving prize bond RS 7500 result list are...
principal clause and one or more subordinate
clauses expresses a complete idea and remains
meaningful even if the subordinate clauses are
removed from the sentences. The dependent or
subordinate clauses are meaningful only if the
meaning of the independent clause is added to
He is the man/who came to dinner last night.
(principal clause) (Subordinate clause)
In this sentences,the subordinate clause'Who came
to dinner last night become meaningful if the meaning
of the independent clause 'He is the man'is addad.
The independent clause'He is the man'however,dose not
need the help of the subordinate clause to express a
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)