Adverb.An adverb is a word which
View more random threads:
- BISE Dera Ghaz Board Inter Part 1 Results 2010 will...
- JEE Main Admit Card 2016 IIT Joint Entrance Exam
- Jhelum flood interview with Luciana from Brazil 1992 to 2010
- Eid mubarak to all members, 2011
- HRM624 Result of GDB has been announced 27 July 2010
- Irish Lotto result 20th February 2016
- check online RS 15000 prize bond draw result list 2 January...
- Canadian Lottery result 11th February 2016
- Position holders of AJK BISE Inter Result 2011
- The omparative degree:
adds to the meaning of a verb an
adjective or another adverb.
He laughed heartily.
He is an exceptionally bright student.
He is walking very slowly,
In these sentences heartily,exceptionally
and very modify the meanings of laugh,a verb,
bright,and slowly,an adverb respect very.
Sometimes,an adverb modifies the whole
adverbs phrase or clause:
He went straight into the room.
Here straight modifies the adverb phrase into the room.
I shall help him only when he asks for it.
In this sentences only modifies the whole
adverbial clause when he asked for it.
sometimes the adverb modifies the whole sentence.
Now the time has come for you to tell the truth.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)