Adverb.An adverb is a word which
View more random threads:
- RS 750 prize bond draw result list 15 October, 2011
- national saving prize bond RS 15000 result list are...
- Australia Powerball Lotto 25th February 2016
- Daily Million Lottery result 11th February 2016
- Computer Science and Engineering/ IT Free online model test
- University of engineering & technology, taxila 2011
- Shabir tu dekhay ga live footage police beating a person 13...
- national saving prize bond RS 25000 result list are...
- Arizona - The Pick result 20th February 2016
adds to the meaning of a verb an
adjective or another adverb.
He laughed heartily.
He is an exceptionally bright student.
He is walking very slowly,
In these sentences heartily,exceptionally
and very modify the meanings of laugh,a verb,
bright,and slowly,an adverb respect very.
Sometimes,an adverb modifies the whole
adverbs phrase or clause:
He went straight into the room.
Here straight modifies the adverb phrase into the room.
I shall help him only when he asks for it.
In this sentences only modifies the whole
adverbial clause when he asked for it.
sometimes the adverb modifies the whole sentence.
Now the time has come for you to tell the truth.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)