Adverb.An adverb is a word which
View more random threads:
- Some uncomparable adjectives:
- Write an easy on Traffic problems of a large city 09-03-2011
- Sikkim Lottery result 24th February 2016
- Romania Lotto 6/49 result 25th February 2016
- Federal Government announced the ramadan and Eid vocations...
- PAK301 - Pakistan Studies Quiz 2 Announcement 16 July 2010
- IAS Prelims Exam: Economic Survey 2014-15 Questions:...
- Karachi: Fire erupts in Shopping Mall 18th February 2016
- Philippines Megalotto 645 Lottery result 19th February 2016
- PU B.A/BSc Annual Exam Registration 2012
adds to the meaning of a verb an
adjective or another adverb.
He laughed heartily.
He is an exceptionally bright student.
He is walking very slowly,
In these sentences heartily,exceptionally
and very modify the meanings of laugh,a verb,
bright,and slowly,an adverb respect very.
Sometimes,an adverb modifies the whole
adverbs phrase or clause:
He went straight into the room.
Here straight modifies the adverb phrase into the room.
I shall help him only when he asks for it.
In this sentences only modifies the whole
adverbial clause when he asked for it.
sometimes the adverb modifies the whole sentence.
Now the time has come for you to tell the truth.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)