Adverb.An adverb is a word which
View more random threads:
- check online Goa Board GBSHSE 10th Class Results 2016
- English Language and Grammar Free Objective Online Exam
- Jhelum flood interview with Luciana from Brazil 1992 to 2010
- Khairpur varsity VC accused of discrimination
- Make your datesheet now 15 April 2011 before 22 April 2011
- Shattering Carpenter and Meson Jobs in Saudi Arab
- (b) Exclamatory or optative sentences:
- Delhi Police, CAPF and ASI in CISF Examination 2016
- EuroMillions Lotto result 16th February 2016
- Eisi ummid ka sath Yaar tumhe...
adds to the meaning of a verb an
adjective or another adverb.
He laughed heartily.
He is an exceptionally bright student.
He is walking very slowly,
In these sentences heartily,exceptionally
and very modify the meanings of laugh,a verb,
bright,and slowly,an adverb respect very.
Sometimes,an adverb modifies the whole
adverbs phrase or clause:
He went straight into the room.
Here straight modifies the adverb phrase into the room.
I shall help him only when he asks for it.
In this sentences only modifies the whole
adverbial clause when he asked for it.
sometimes the adverb modifies the whole sentence.
Now the time has come for you to tell the truth.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)