Adverb.An adverb is a word which
View more random threads:
- 3G service Started All Over The Pakistan 2014
- Pune Police Recruitment 2016 221 Maharashtra Constable...
- Education Observer Free Practice Examination for UGC NET...
- Write an essay on War and Its Causes
- Dawn news Siyasi Kaliyaan September, 2010
- Abu Dhabi ,parotayz nai phele one day main pakistan ko 8...
- Antigua & Barbuda Super Lotto result 5th February 2016
- Adjective of quantity:
- Dhanasree Lotto result 16th February 2016
- VU MID TERM PASSING MARKS Rules
adds to the meaning of a verb an
adjective or another adverb.
He laughed heartily.
He is an exceptionally bright student.
He is walking very slowly,
In these sentences heartily,exceptionally
and very modify the meanings of laugh,a verb,
bright,and slowly,an adverb respect very.
Sometimes,an adverb modifies the whole
adverbs phrase or clause:
He went straight into the room.
Here straight modifies the adverb phrase into the room.
I shall help him only when he asks for it.
In this sentences only modifies the whole
adverbial clause when he asked for it.
sometimes the adverb modifies the whole sentence.
Now the time has come for you to tell the truth.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)