View more random threads:
- price bound Draw Schedule for 2011-2012
- Colombia Baloto result 20th February 2016
- Electrical Engineering MCQ mock Test for GATE and IES 2016
- Philippines 4-Digit Lottery result 5th February 2016
- Arizona - The Pick result 20th February 2016
- Write an essay on the power of public opinion 11-03-2011
- check Kurukshetra University MA, M.Tech, B.Tech, M.Sc. Exam...
- Hurricane Earl heads toward East Coast of USA
- Write an essay on Population Explosion
- For Sale:Breville BEC800MT Coffee Maker $625
(a) If we have adverbs of more than one kind
in a sentences, the usual arrangement is:
1 Adverb of manner.
2 Adverb of place.
3 Adverb of time.
(b) When a sentences has a verb which indicates Movement
reach walk,arrive...the adverb of place acts as a kind of
object to the verb and comes immediately after it
The train arrived at the station late by half an hour.
(c) Sometimes the adverb of time is placed in the beginning
of the sentence for the purpose of emphasis or clarity:
Last Saturday,we had a jolly good time picnicing on the river
bank on the other side o the forest.
(d) If there are two or more adverbs of time in the sentences,the
more expression usually preeedes the general ones:
He came here at 5 o'clock in the evening of Friday last.
(e) Sometimes the adverb of place is used in the beginning of
the sentences for the sake of emphasis.
Outside the hotel,the car stopped suddenly.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)