View more random threads:
- A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2016 by...
- Apply online Patna District Court Recruitment 2016
- Indian Army 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme application form
- HRM624 Result of GDB has been announced 27 July 2010
- MGT411 Quiz#4 Result Announced [Aug 04,2010]
- WIN-WIN Lottery result 22nd February 2016
- Make your datesheet now 15 April 2011 before 22 April 2011
- Get latest Pakistani dawn, Jang, Nawaiwaqt,Express and The...
- Philippines Lotto 642 result 18th February 2016
- Sikkim Lottery result 19th February 2016
(a) If we have adverbs of more than one kind
in a sentences, the usual arrangement is:
1 Adverb of manner.
2 Adverb of place.
3 Adverb of time.
(b) When a sentences has a verb which indicates Movement
reach walk,arrive...the adverb of place acts as a kind of
object to the verb and comes immediately after it
The train arrived at the station late by half an hour.
(c) Sometimes the adverb of time is placed in the beginning
of the sentence for the purpose of emphasis or clarity:
Last Saturday,we had a jolly good time picnicing on the river
bank on the other side o the forest.
(d) If there are two or more adverbs of time in the sentences,the
more expression usually preeedes the general ones:
He came here at 5 o'clock in the evening of Friday last.
(e) Sometimes the adverb of place is used in the beginning of
the sentences for the sake of emphasis.
Outside the hotel,the car stopped suddenly.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)