Adverbs,position of:Adverbs should be placed as
View more random threads:
- Romania Lotto 6/49 Lottery result 11th February 2016
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Admit Card...
- Corporation Bank Written Results 2011 of Single Window...
- Sikkim Lottery result 26th February 2016
- 9th General Group (Reg & Pri) Annual Examination 2011
- UK National Lotto result 24th February 2016
- All the Session Papers of 7 August 2010 Have been Canclled...
- Philippines 4-Digit Lottery result 24th February 2016
- national saving prize bond RS 7500 result draw list are...
- PHY101 GMDB Announcement 12 July 2010
close as possible to the words and phrases they qualify.
(a) Adverb of degree and frequency.usually take mid-position
in the sentence and precede the word they qualify.
He is fully responsible for his action.
They seldom come here.
In these sentence fully and seldom modify the words
responsible and come respectively.
(b)Adverbs of manner or description generally follow
the verb they modify.
He speaks fluently. He ran fast.
(c) If there is a direct object in the sentence,
adverbs of manner come after it.
We rejected his offer politely. He beat the dog mercilessly.
(d) Adverbs of manner come before the adjectives they qualify.
It is his carefully considered opinion.
(f)When a sentence has a compound verb,the adverb comes between
the first and the second parts of the verb .
She will certainly pass the examination.
He has always been careful in spending money.
(g) Adverbs of interrogation occupy the front-position
in the sentence.
How did you fare in the examination?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)