(a) The genitive's is used with the name
View more random threads:
- MGT502 quiz no.1
- Florida Lotto result 17th February 2016
- Pakistan and Bangladesh Cricket Match today 2nd March 2016
- BISE Mirpurkhas announces Inter Result 2011
- Apply online WBPSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2016
- Karachi Bomb blast near Cheif Minister house in Cid...
- national saving prize bond RS 1500 result list are...
- ISL201 - Islamic Studies Quiz 5 Announcement 26 July 2010
- national saving prize bond RS 25000 result list are...
- Japan Takarakuji Loto 6 Lottery result 1st February 2016
of persons and other living beings.
This is Ahmad'book.
They were not afraid of the wolf's howl.
(b)With lifeless objects of is used to form
the genitive case:top of the tree ;roof of the house;
window of the compartment
(c)'s can be used with lifeless objects that are often
personified.the sun's beams;the river's fury
(d)With genitives of time 's is used : a moment's
delay;an hour's work;a year's journey;a week,s holiday.
(e)In certain phrases,'s is used with inanimate object:
the journey's end;at a stone's throw;the razor's edge;
the needle's eye;at arm's lenght;out of harm's way;
(f)With singular nouns ending ins,we can use either's('):
ass,s tail,ass'keats'poetry keats's poetry:In such cases's
or(')is pronounced as iz.
(g)With plural nouns(animate objects) whose ending is s,
only an apostrophe(')is used ;soldiers'guns; boys'room;
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)