(a) The genitive's is used with the name
View more random threads:
- CS101 - Introduction to Computing Quiz 2 Announcement 16...
- Karachi, July 22: The process of admissions to 132...
- Adjective predicative:
- Thailand lottery results list 16 December 2011
- Thailand lottery results list 16 October 2011
- prize bond RS 40000 result list national saving are...
- RS 200 prize bond draw result list 15 September, 2011
- Jhelum city is safe from flood
- Latest PTA Prevents Sites for Post Propaganda Against...
- write an essay on The beauties of nature
of persons and other living beings.
This is Ahmad'book.
They were not afraid of the wolf's howl.
(b)With lifeless objects of is used to form
the genitive case:top of the tree ;roof of the house;
window of the compartment
(c)'s can be used with lifeless objects that are often
personified.the sun's beams;the river's fury
(d)With genitives of time 's is used : a moment's
delay;an hour's work;a year's journey;a week,s holiday.
(e)In certain phrases,'s is used with inanimate object:
the journey's end;at a stone's throw;the razor's edge;
the needle's eye;at arm's lenght;out of harm's way;
(f)With singular nouns ending ins,we can use either's('):
ass,s tail,ass'keats'poetry keats's poetry:In such cases's
or(')is pronounced as iz.
(g)With plural nouns(animate objects) whose ending is s,
only an apostrophe(')is used ;soldiers'guns; boys'room;
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)