(a) The genitive's is used with the name
View more random threads:
- Lotto 6aus49 Germany Lottery 2nd April 2016
- First Term Studies-Guidelines for Virtual University of...
- Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation RSRTC...
- national saving prize bond RS 100 result draw list are...
- Belgium Lotto Result 2nd April 2016
- check online HSSC JE Result 2016 Available Junior Engineer
- ENG101 - English Comprehension Syllabus for Final Term...
- Jamaica Lucky 5 Lottery result 1st February 2016
- UPTET Official Answer Key 2016 for Paper 1 & 2
- Entertainment Forum is added for u all
of persons and other living beings.
This is Ahmad'book.
They were not afraid of the wolf's howl.
(b)With lifeless objects of is used to form
the genitive case:top of the tree ;roof of the house;
window of the compartment
(c)'s can be used with lifeless objects that are often
personified.the sun's beams;the river's fury
(d)With genitives of time 's is used : a moment's
delay;an hour's work;a year's journey;a week,s holiday.
(e)In certain phrases,'s is used with inanimate object:
the journey's end;at a stone's throw;the razor's edge;
the needle's eye;at arm's lenght;out of harm's way;
(f)With singular nouns ending ins,we can use either's('):
ass,s tail,ass'keats'poetry keats's poetry:In such cases's
or(')is pronounced as iz.
(g)With plural nouns(animate objects) whose ending is s,
only an apostrophe(')is used ;soldiers'guns; boys'room;
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)