View more random threads:
- PHY301 Circuit Theory Assignment No. 1 idea Solution spring...
- MTH202 Assignment Solution 3 (July 2010)
- PAK301 Spring 2010 Solution
- CS507 Information Systems Assignment 04 (Graded) Spring...
- CS606 Compiler Construction Assignment No. 1 Ideal Solution...
- ENG101 English Comprehension Assignment No 3 Spring 2014...
- Special virtual university assignment solution
- MCM411 Introduction to Broadcasting Assignment No.1...
- Financial Accounting MGT101 Assignment No.1 Fall 2014,...
- Assignment No. 3 MTH 101 (Fall 2010)Total Marks: 10Question 1:Due Date: 01/11/2010
What are the organization, management and technology dimensions of information systems? [3 marks]
An information system represents a combination of management, organization, and technology elements. The management dimension of information system involves leadership, strategy, and management behavior. The technology dimension consists of computer hardware, software, data management technology, and networking/telecommunication technology (including the internet). The Organization dimension of information system involves the organizationís hierarchy, functional specialties, business processes, culture, political interest groups.
Describe some of the major changes that information systems are bringing to organizations. [3 marks]
The flattening of organizations is probably one that students will cite, particularly with the concern over downsizing. The parallel increase in information and in the decision power of line workers (empowerment), and their corresponding increase in work satisfaction, is often missed in media reports of downsizing. The flexibility of organizations in operations, for example, custom manufacturing and in linking customers and suppliers (thus reducing order time) are some of the major changes
Describe the two factors that explain why organizations adopt information systems. [4 marks]
Customers now prefer to execute transaction in an electronic environment through online-trading. Also the establishment of customer services centers has also removed the inconvenience to access vendorís physical locations.
Due to absence of physical contact, companies are curious to keep a soft touch in an efficient manner. This requires keeping a customer-wise online track of past correspondence and transactions.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)