ABC corporation stock is selling for Rs. 150 per share according to Karachi stock
View more random threads:
- CS601 Data Communication Quiz No.2 Discussions and...
- IT430 E-Commerce Assignment 4 Deadline 30 June 2010
- MGT602 Assignment 2 Solution 1 July 2010
- cs506 and cs605 old solved midterm papers required
- CS402 assignment Solution by subhan has been uploaded
- CS614 Data Warehousing Solution May 20,2010
- BUSINESS FINANCE (ACC501) ASSIGNMENT NO. 01 Solution...
- HRM627 Assignment No. 1 solution fall october, 2010
- cs408 2nd assignment solution required
- ENG301 Business Communication Assignment 2 May 16,2010
exchange market summary. A rumor about the company has been heard that the firm will
make an exciting new product announcement next week. By studying the industry, it is
being concluded that this new product will support a growth rate of 20% in dividend for
two years. After that it is expected that the growth rate in dividend will decline to 6% and
remains same onwards. The firm currently pays an annual dividend of Rs. 4.
The rate of return on stocks like ABC corporation is 10%.
I. Find out the values for D1, D2 and D3 (8 Marks)
II. What will be the price of stock (P2) at the end of year 2? (4 Marks)
III. What will be the present value (P0) of stock? (6 Marks)
IV. Should we buy stocks of ABC Corporation at Rs. 150? (2 Marks)
Find out the values for D1, D2 and D3
D1= 4 (1+0.2) =4.8
D2= 4.8 (1+0.2) =5.76
D3=5.76 (1+0.05) =6.11
What will be the price of stock (P2) at the end of year 2?
P2= 5.76 (1+0.2)/ .1-0.05
What will be the present value (P0) of stock?
PO= 4.8/(1+.1)1 + 5.76/(1+.1)2 + 6.11/(1+.1)3 + 128.31/(1.1)3
Should we buy stocks of ABC Corporation at Rs. 150
As the present value of the stock is less then the current selling price so the stock
should not be purchased
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)