The process of producing a simpler and more reliable database structure is called normalization.The process of normailization identifies and correct the problems and complexities of database design.It produces a new set of relations.The new design is as free of processing problems as possible.
View more random threads:
- List of Architecture Colleges in India 2016
- TOEFL Test
- Dietitian course by distance learning?
- Suppose we want to develop software for token machine of ABC
- need some guidelines
- Prabhav Joshi IAS Topper Rank 23 UPSC CSE
- Best MBA College in Mumbai for doing MBA in Marketing
- I should have to do CA or not after B.Com?
- How to prepare for engineering entrance examinations?
- Download NTS Sample Paper SESE (Maths) 2016
Normalization is a technique to analyze relations based on primary key and functional dependencies. Normalization is often performed as a series of tests on a relation to determine whether it satisfies or violates the requirements of a given normal form. Three normal forms were initially proposed which are called 1NF, 2NF, 3NF.All of these normal forms are based on the functional dependencies among the attributes of a relation.
yes its really a successful factor of db design because in normailization we'll draw table according to ques and describe each table in normalization form e.g. student table. We have alot of records in student table like std.id.no.,course ID and name etc.And accordint to Std table records, we draw separte table of
Std Table --->Std ID, Std Name, course ID,
Course Table ---> course ID, CourseLength
Unit Table ---> UnitCode, Unit Name, Lecturer
Take Table---> Student ID, Unit Code
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)