View more random threads:
- STA406 Assignment Solution Fall 2014 (Total Marks15) 15th...
- MGT601 SME Management Solution required Deadline 8 July
- CS001 First Assignment idea solution October, fall 2012
- PHY101 Physics Solution Fall Discuss about Assignment No 2...
- cs101 Assignment # 4 is uploed.................... By Ch...
- SOC101 Introduction to Sociology Assignment No.2 Solution...
- IT430 E-Commerce Assignment No. 2 Solution Spring Semester...
- CS610 Assignment 4 Idea Solution July 2010
- CS504 Software Engineering - I Assignments No. 2 Dec 11,...
- CS302 Digital & Logic design Assignment No 1 Solution 3rd...
What are the organization, management and technology dimensions of information systems? [3 marks]
An information system represents a combination of management, organization, and technology elements. The management dimension of information system involves leadership, strategy, and management behavior. The technology dimension consists of computer hardware, software, data management technology, and networking/telecommunication technology (including the internet). The Organization dimension of information system involves the organizationís hierarchy, functional specialties, business processes, culture, political interest groups.
Describe some of the major changes that information systems are bringing to organizations. [3 marks]
The flattening of organizations is probably one that students will cite, particularly with the concern over downsizing. The parallel increase in information and in the decision power of line workers (empowerment), and their corresponding increase in work satisfaction, is often missed in media reports of downsizing. The flexibility of organizations in operations, for example, custom manufacturing and in linking customers and suppliers (thus reducing order time) are some of the major changes
Describe the two factors that explain why organizations adopt information systems. [4 marks]
Customers now prefer to execute transaction in an electronic environment through online-trading. Also the establishment of customer services centers has also removed the inconvenience to access vendorís physical locations.
Due to absence of physical contact, companies are curious to keep a soft touch in an efficient manner. This requires keeping a customer-wise online track of past correspondence and transactions.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)