View more random threads:
- CS601- Data Communication CS601- Data Communication...
- CS402 Theory of Automata Assignment 3 solution May 21,2010
- CS401 Assignment 5 Solution July 2010
- All Past Assignments with Solutions Of CS401 Computer...
- CS609 System Programming Assignment No. 2 Solution Fall...
- Assignment No. 02 Semester: Spring 2010 CS201: Introduction...
- MCM401 Fundamentals of Public Relations Assignment No. 01...
- Fin623 VU Current Assignment No. 1 Spring April 2012...
- MTH101 - Calculus And Analytical Geometry Assignment 4...
- CS607 Assignment 2 Solution May 8,2010
To find equilibrium price
After solving the equation we have the value of P, which is equilibrium price.
Then put he value of p in any one of the equation of quantity then we have the equilibrium quantity Q.
For calculating elasticity of demand we have the formula…
Elasticity of demand = Ed = dQ/dP / Q/P
Derivative should b taken of demand function (Qd= 850-25P) with the respect to P
Ed is negative.
For calculating elasticity of supply we have the formula…
Elasticity of demand = Es = dQ/dP / Q/P
Derivative should b taken of supply function (Qs= 500+45p) with the respect to P
Es is positive.
WE KNOW QD=QS
AS WE KNOW QS=QD FOR EQULIBRIUM
SO it will be at 1287.5
p=5 ( equilibrium price)
Putting the value of P in eq 1, we will get the equilibrium quantity,
Q=725 per bushel
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)