Sponsored Links

Thread: Discuss the various classes of revenue officers and their duties. (1999)(2002)(2005)

Word Icon 35px Jpg.ashx Discuss the various classes of revenue officers and their duties. (1999)(2002)(2005)

Sponsored Links

1. Introduction:
    Under land revenue act 1967 there are various classes of revenue officers. the act describes appointment power duties and functions of revenue officers. administrative control in revenue matters all over a province is exercised by the board of revenue. even revenue officer is subject to control and supervision of the officer to whom he is subordinate.
    2. Definition of revenue officer.
    According to sec. 4 (23) of the revenue act:
    "Revenue officers means a revenue officer having authority under this act discharge the functions of a revenue officer."
    3. Classes of revenue officers"
    Following are various classes of revenue under land revenue act 1967.
    (i) Board of revenue
    (ii) Executive district officer
    (iii) Collector
    (iv) Assistant collector of 1st grade
    (v) Assistant collector of second grade
    I. Board of revenue:
    The board of revenue is the highest authority revenue matters.
    (i) Definition:
    "Board of revenue means the board of revenue established under the west Pakistan board of revenue act 1957."
    (ii) Duties:
    (i) The board of revenue exercise general superintendence and control over all revenue officers.
    (ii) The board of revenue appoints revenue officers.
    (iii) The board of revenue transfers revenue officers.
    (iv) The board of revenue is the highest court of appeal and revision.
    (v) The board of revenue distribute business and withdrawal and transfer cases.
    II. Executive district officer:
    The province is divided into division. the E.D.O is an incharge of a division and all officers are subject to its control.
    (i) Appointment"
    The E.D.O shall be appointed under the land revenue act for each division.
    (ii) Duties"
    (i) The E.D.O can distribute any business to any officers under its control.
    (ii) The E.D.O can transfer any case pending before any subordinate officer to any other officer subordinate to him.
    (iii) The executive district officer may withdraw any case pending before any subordinate and shall either to dispose of it himself or to transfer to any other offices subordinate to him to be disposed of.
    (iv) The executive district officer may refer any case which he is empowered to dispose of under this act any other revenue subordinate of investigation and report and may decide the case upon such report after giving the parties concerned an opportunity of being heard.
    (v) Executive district officer can summon any person whose attendance he considers necessary for the purpose of any business before him as revenue officers.
    III. Collector:
    The executive district officer is a revenue head of a division. while collector is the head of a district. he is district officer revenue in a district. the collector is the most reasonable position holder of a district and perform multi-task duties.
    (i) Appointment:
    The collector shall be appointed under land revenue act 1967 in a district.
    (ii) Duties:
    (i) The collector may transfer any case pending before any subordinate officer to any other officer to his choice.
    (ii) The collector may withdraw any case pending before his assistant controllers or any other subordinate officer shall either to dispose of it himself or transfer the case to any other assistant collector or any other subordinate officer disposal.
    (iii) The collector may refer any case which he is empowered to dispose of himself under this act to any other revenue officer subordinate to him for investigation an report and may decide the case on such report after giving the parties concerned an opportunity being heard.
    (iv) The collector may summon any person whose attendance he considers necessary for the purpose of any business before him as revenue officer.
    IV. Assistant collector of its grade:
    The assistant collector 1st grade is appointed as revenue officer as head of a sub- division.
    (i) Duties:
    Assistant collector 1st grade performs his duties as per directions of provincial govt.
    V. Assistant collector of second grade:
    Tehsildar and Naib- Tehsildar are normally assistant collectors of the second grade.
    (i) Duties:
    Assistant collector second grade perform his duties as per directions of provincial government.
    4. All appointments to be made by notification:
    The appointment of all revenue officers shall be made by notification.
    5. Combination of offices:
    It shall be lawful for govt, to appoint one and the same persons being otherwise competent according to law, to any two or more of the revenue officers.
    6. Scope:
    Revenue officers has power to take the cognizance of the following offences.
    (i) Intentionally giving or fabricating false evidence at any stage of judicial proceeding.
    (ii) Making of malicious or corrupt reports or pronouncement at any stage of a judicial proceeding by a public servant.
    (iii) Intentional insult or interruption to public servant setting in judicial proceedings.
    7. Conclusion:
    To conclude I can say that all functions of whatever class of revenue officer are determined under the Land revenue act 1967. the board revenue is the chief authority for revenue matters in the province. it is competent to determine the rules of appointment and duties of various officers.

Sponsored Links
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Sponsored Links

Thread Information