Sponsored Links

Thread: cs614 current solved paper on fall 2010 date 17-02-2011 by vuhelp

cs614 current solved paper on fall 2010 date 17-02-2011 by vuhelp

Sponsored Links1

Q;1 The automated, prospective analyses offered by data mining move beyond the analysis of past events provided by respective tools typical of ___________.

• OLTP
    • OLAP
    • Decision Support systems
    • None of these

Q2 : As apposed to the out come of classification , estimation deal with ____________ valued outcome.

• Discrete
    • Isolated
    • Continuous
    • Distinct

Q3: The goal of ideal parallel execution is to completely parallelize those parts of a computation that are not constrained by data dependencies. The __________ the portion of the program that must be executed sequentially , the greater the scalability of computation.

• Larger
    • Smaller
    • Unambiguous
    • Superior

Q4: _____________, if fits into memory , costs only one disk I/O access to locate a record by given key.

• An inverted index
    • A sparse index
    • A dense index
    • none of these

Q5: The goal of ______is to look at as few block as possible to find the matching records.

• Indexing
    • Partitioning
    • Joining
    • none of these

Q6: There are many variants of the traditional nested-loop join, if there is an index is exploited, then it is called……

• Naïve nested loop join
    • index nested loop join
    • temporary index nested loop join
    • none of these

Q7: The technique that is used to perform these feats in data mining modeling, and this act of model building is something that people have been doing for long time, certainly before the _______ of computers or data mining technology.

• Access
    • Advent (not sure)
    • Ascent
    • Avowal

Q8: Data mining is a/an ______ approach , where browsing through data using mining techniques may reveal something that might be of interest to the user as information that was unknown previously.

• Non-Exploratory
    • Exploratory
    • Compute Science
    • none of these

Q9: Data mining evolve as mechanism to cater the limitations of _____ systems to deal massive data sets with high dimensionality , new data types, multiple heterogeneous data resources etc..

• OLTP
    • OLAP
    • DSS
    • DWH

1. Which scripting languages are used for complex transformation in DTS package? (2 marks)
    It provide different scripting languages by default vb-script and j script

2. Output of run length encoding (2 marks)
    Run length used in bitmap indexing
    Out put 1 may be
    15#02# 18# (mean 1 come 5 time and 0 come 2 times and 1 come 1 8 times (111110011111111))
    Out put 2 may be
    11#01#11#
    Output may 3 be
    112#012#

3. Write two extremes of Tech.Arch Design? (2 marks)
    Attacking the problem from two extremes, neither is correct.
    § Focusing on data warehouse delivery, architecture feels like a distraction and impediment to progress and often end up rebuilding.
    § Investing years in architecture, forgetting primary purpose is to solve business
    problems, not to address any plausible (and not so plausible) technical challenge.

4. Qualifying blocks question using outer table order?
    i/o cost different
    The outer table is usually the one that has:
    · The smallest number of qualifying rows, and/or
    · The largest numbers of I/Os required to locate the rows.

If the outer loop executes R times and the inner loop executes S times, then the time complexity
    will be O(RS).
    The time complexity should be independent of the order of tables i.e. O(RS) is same as O(SR).
    However, in the context of I/Os the order of tables does matter.
    Along with this the relationship between the number of qualifyin g rows/blocks between the two
    tables matters.
    Join cost = Blocks accessed for Table_A + Blocks accessed for Table_A Blocks accessed for Table_B
    Example :
    Table_A = 500 blocks and
    Table_B = 700 blocks.
    Qualifying blocks for Table_A QB(A) = 50
    Qualifying blocks for Table_B QB(B) = 100

Join cost A&B = 500 + 50700 = 35,500 I/Os
    Join cost B&A = 700 + 100500 = 50,700 I/Os
    i.e. an increase in I/O of about 43%.
    For example, if qualifying blocks for Table_A QB(A) = 50 and qualifying blocks for Table_B
    QB(B) = 100 and size of Table_A is 500 blocks and size of Table_B is 700 blocks then Join cost
    A&B = 500 + 50700 = 35,500 I/Os and using the other order i.e. Table_B outer table and
    Table_A as inner table, the join cost B&A = 700 + 100500 = 50,700 I/Os i.e. an increase in I/O
    of about 43%.

5. Define Nested loop join. List and describe its variant? (3 marks)
    Traditionally Nested-Loop join has been and is used in OLTP environments, but for many reasons, such a join mechanism is not suitable for VLDB and DSS environments. Nested loop joins are useful when small subsets of data are joined and if the join condition is an efficient way
    of accessing the inner table. Despite these restrictions/limitations, we will begin our discussion with the traditional join technique i.e. nested loop join, so that you can appreciate the benefits of the join techniques typically used in a VLDB and DSS environment.
    Nested loop join works like a nested loop used in a high level programming language.
    Nested-Loop Join: Variants
    1. Naive nested-loop join
    2. Index nested-loop join
    3. Temporary index nested-loop join

1. Naive nested-loop join
    The simplest case is when an entire table is scanned; this is called a naive nested-loop join.
    2. Index nested-loop join
    If there is an index, and that index is exploited, then it is called an index nested-loop join
    3. Temporary index nested-loop join
    If the index is built as part of the query plan and subsequently dropped, it is called as a temporary index nested-loop join.

6. What lesson is learnt during agri-data case study? (5 marks)
    Hence excessive use (or abuse) of pesticides is harming the farmers with adverse financial, environmental and social impacts.

Q. What is dirty bit? (2 marks)

Q8. What is DTS?
    DTS Data Transformation Services (DTS)
    DTS is set of tools for
    – Providing connectivity to different databases
    – Building query graphically
    – Extracting data from disparate databases
    – Transforming data
    – Copying database objects
    – Providing support of different scripting
    languages( by default VB-Script and J-Script)
    DTS includes
    –Data Import/Export Wizard
    –DTS Designer
    –DTS Query Designer
    –Package Execution Utilities
    • DTS Tools can be accessed through “SQL Server Enterprise Manager”
    Q What is Bit Mapped Index?
    Answer: Bitmap indexes make use of bit arrays (bitmaps) to answer queries by performing bitwise logical operations. They work well with data that has a lower cardinality which means the data that take fewer distinct values. Bitmap indexes are useful in the data warehousing applications. Bitmap indexes have a significant space and performance advantage over other structures for such data. Tables that have less number of insert or update operations can be good candidates.

Sponsored Links

Please download rest .
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information