Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ENG201 Business and Technical English Writing Assignment 1 Spring 2011 idea solution

Thumbs up ENG201 Business and Technical English Writing Assignment 1 Spring 2011 idea solution

Sponsored Links1

Business and Technical English (ENG201)
    Spring 2011

Assignment # 1
    Total Marks: 15
    Due Date: April 12, 2011

Objective:
    To assess students’ understanding of the course and to prepare them for practical application of communication skills through writing practices.

Instructions:

1. Late assignments will not be accepted.
    2. If the file is corrupt or problematic, it will be marked zero.
    3. Plagiarism will never be tolerated. Plagiarism occurs when a student uses work done by someone else as if it was his or her own; however, taking the ideas from different sources and to express it in your own words will be encouraged.
    4. No assignment will be accepted via e-mail.
    5. The file should be in Word doc form; the font color should be preferably black and font size can be 12 Times New Roman.

Question No.1 (10)

A well reputed Multinational Company urgently requires Computer Trainers. Post-graduate degree & experience in the relevant field is required. Competence in communication skills is a must. Applications along with detailed resume should reach by 20th April 2011 to 843, CII Gulberg Lahore.

Question No.2 (5)

Make the following statements concise:

Sponsored Links

1. Legislators are already in the process of reviewing the statutes.
    2. This policy has a tendency to isolate some communities.
    3. In my opinion, this wasteful policy ought to be revoked.
    4. There were many factors that influenced his decision to become a teacher.
    5. They played a football game that was exhaustive.

whrs the solution ?

i will upload today. Don't worry.

For Assignment Solution, GDB, Online Quizzes, Helping Study material, Past Solved Papers, Solved MCQs, Current Papers, E-Books & more. VUSTUENTS.NET is a community formed to overcome the disadvantages of distant learning and virtual environment, where pupils don’t have any formal contact with their mentors, This community provides its members with the solution to current as well as the past Assignments, Quizzes, GDBs, and Papers. This community also facilitates its members in resolving the issues regarding subject and university matters, by providing text e-books, notes, and helpful conversations in chat room as well as study groups. Only members are privileged with the right to access all the material, so if you are not a member yet, kindly SIGN UP to get access to the resources of WWW.VUHELP.NET
    Assignment # 1 Business and Technical English (ENG201)Spring 2011Question No.A well reputed Multinational Company urgently requires Computer Trainers. Post-graduate degree & experience in the relevant field is required. Competence in communication skills is a must. Applications along with detailed resume should reach by 20th April 2011 to 843, CII Gulberg Lahore. Answer:- Suggested Cover Letter March 21, 2011 Mr. Ali (Name of recipient) Director of Marketing (Designation of Person ABC, Inc. Lahore(Name of the Company & address) Dear Mr. Ali. Opening: The first paragraph must spark the employer's interest. State your reason forwriting, making sure to identify the position or type of work for which youare applying. I am writing to express my interest in... I will graduate fromVirtual University in May, 2011 with a B.A. in... Also, indicate how youheard about the opening...which was advertised in The Jung News Paper...State why you are interested in working for thisparticular employer. The research position at ABC, Inc. is particularlyinteresting to me because...Middle:The middle one or two paragraphs is your opportunity to sell yourself to aprospective employer. State your capacity to succeed in the specific field orposition. My qualifications are based on a combination of... Emphasize yourkey qualifications. Tie in pertinent information gained from your researchabout the position or organization. Remember, your resume states what youhave done; the cover letter must integrate this with what you have learned.Include a final sentence which summarizes the strength ofyourcandidacy.Theseexperiencesdemonstratemyabili tyto...Closing:In this paragraph, state clearly what happens next. Provide the employerwith additional information and again emphasize your career objective.Enclosed is my resume for your review... In most cases indicate that you willcall the employer to arrange an interview. I will contact your office...toarrange an interview... Keep the initiativeonyourside. Include contactinformation should your cover letter and resume become separated. Ifyou need additionalinformation, please call me at... Thank you.Sincerely,(4 Spaces)(Remember to sign your name)Question No.2 Make the following statements concise: 1. Legislators are already in the process of reviewing the statutes.Legislators are already in the process of reviewing the statutes. 2. This policy has a tendency to isolate some communities. The policy has, in a manner of speaking, begun to Balkanize the more rural parts of our state. 3. In my opinion, this wasteful policy ought to be revoked. In my opinion, thisThis wasteful policy ought to be revoked. 4. There were many factors that influenced his decision to become a teacher. There were many factors that influenced his decision to become . . a teacher 5. They played a football game that was exhaustive. They played an exhaustive football game Come & Join Us at www.Vuhelp.net
    Attached Files Attached Files

plz give the solution in the word form or adoube reader.........

Dear member it is given in the attachment. Please find it.

Question No. 1 Answer:

March 21, 2011

Mr. (Name of receipent)
    Director of Marketing (Designation of Person)
    VUsolutions, Inc. Lahore (Name of the Company & address)

Dear Mr. ......:

Opening: The first paragraph must spark the employer's interest. State your reason for writing, making sure to identify the position or type of work for which you are applying. I am writing to express my interest in... I will graduate from Virtual University in May, 2011 with a B.A. in... Also, indicate how you heard about the opening...which was advertised in The Jung News Paper... State why you are interested in working for this
    particular employer. The research position at ABC, Inc. is particularly interesting to me because...

Middle: The middle one or two paragraphs is your opportunity to sell yourself to a prospective employer. State your capacity to succeed in the specific field or position. My qualifications are based on a combination of... Emphasize your key qualifications.

Tie in pertinent information gained from your research about the position or organization.

Remember, your resume states what you have done; the cover letter must integrate this with what you have learned. Include a final sentence which summarizes the strength of your candidacy.

These experiences demonstrate my ability to...

Closing: In this paragraph, state clearly what happens next. Provide the employer with additional information and again emphasize your career objective. Enclosed is my resume for your review... In most cases indicate that you will call the employer to arrange an interview. I will contact your office...to arrange an interview... Keep the initiative on your side. Include contact information should your cover letter and resume become separated. If you need additional information, please call me at... Thank you.

Sincerely,

Question No.2 Answer (5)

Make the following statements concise:

1. Legislators are already in the process of reviewing the statutes.
    Legislators are already in the process of reviewing the statutes.

2. This policy has a tendency to isolate some communities.
    The policy has, in a manner of speaking, begun to Balkanize the more rural parts
    of our state.

3. In my opinion, this wasteful policy ought to be revoked.
    In my opinion, thisThis wasteful policy ought to be revoked.

4. There were many factors that influenced his decision to become a teacher.
    There were many factors that influenced his decision to become a teacher.

5. They played a football game that was exhaustive.
    They played an exhaustive football game.

Please attach the solution.... waiting

Dear i have given the solution you can check it up.....

Please help me in solution of this assignment.

Software Engineering-1 (CS504)
    Assignment # 1
    Total marks = 20
    Deadline Date = 14-04-2011

Please carefully read the following instructions before attempting the assignment.

Rules for Marking
    It should be clear that your assignment would not get any credit if:

 The assignment is submitted after due date.
     The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
     The assignment is copied. Note that strict action would be taken if the submitted assignment is copied from any other student. Both students will be punished severely.

1) You should concern recommended books to clarify your concepts as handouts are not sufficient.
    2) You are supposed to submit your assignment in .doc format. Any other formats like scan images, PDF, Zip, rar, bmp, docx etc will not be accepted
    3) You are advised to upload your assignment at least two days before Due date.
    4) This assignment file comprises of Two (2) pages.

Important Note:

Assignment comprises of 20 Marks. Note that no assignment will be accepted after due date via email in any case (whether it is the case of load shedding or emergency electric failure or internet malfunctioning etc.). Hence, refrain from uploading assignment in the last hour of the deadline, and try to upload Solutions at least 02 days before the deadline to avoid inconvenience later on.

For any query please contact: CS504@vu.edu.pk

Q1 [Marks 10]

“During the construction of a motorway link road, for shifting an Interchange 5 Km ahead of its current location after it has already been built, it is going to be very costly. It could be easily fixed if realized earlier.”

1) Create an analogy of the software development phases with above scenario.

2) Also mention the most suitable and worst phase (justify your answer with solid reasons in each case) for a “needed change” in case of software development regarding cost and efforts.

Q2 [10 Marks]

Draw the use case diagram of the following scenario

As System Analyst at Pakistan Railways, you need to model a Ticket Selling System for Terminal computers (TSSTC). Reading the Functional Specification of the system, you draw the following conclusions:

1. The main purpose of TSSTC is to use it for searching the “Train Timings” and purchasing the train tickets.

2. TSSTC consists of touch screen as an interface between passenger and system, credit-card reader and a printer to print tickets.

3. Each passenger uses available interface to search the available routs and train times from which he selects one train.

4. After he selects the train, the terminal screen displays the available seats in that train.

5. The passenger selects the seat and the system prompts the total fare.

6. The payment is then made by credit card (using credit-card reader).

7. The system confirms the payment. If the payment is not confirmed, system displays an error message and transaction is terminated.

8. If the payment is confirmed, the ticket is issued and printed by the printer, from where the passenger collects his ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information