Due Date DEC 9, 2013

As I’ve conversed with many of you over the past several months, I’ve frequently heard you inquire, “Are we attempting to manufacture too many new products? Do we really require such an extensive line?”

My initial response is to emphasize the importance of altering our company’s image. To obtain our share of the market, we must rectify the faults of the past. We must be perceived as a company willing to institute innovations and progress into new areas.

I’m confident that if you scrutinize the matter, you will discover that I am correct.

What is the subject of this memo? Restrict your response to one line. (2)
Name the TWO Seven C’s which are not clearly followed by the writer while writing the message. (2)
What is the problem with the tone of this memo? (2)
What kinds of connotations are conveyed by the underlined words? Identify them as positive or negative connotations. (4)

Q.2. Rewrite the statements after correcting/omitting the italicized words/phrases which are in contradiction with the given information. (5)

A denotation is hardly the dictionary definition of a word.
To be courteous means to be tactful, thoughtful, appreciative and carefree.
The suitable length of a sentence is 20-30 words per sentence.
The scholarly writing is usually informal writing carrying objective information.
Incorrect words and grammar, faulty pronunciation and suitable diction are signs of substandard language.

Sponsored Links