Write an essay on my first day at college (2014)

Introduction:
My first day at college was so fantastic that I have never met before. I used to think about the class in college which is different from in school. I passed matric examination in ‘A’ Grade and thought of getting admission in college. I applied for admission in Govt. Degree College. After a few days, list of successful candidates was pasted on notice board of college and I was among those candidates who were selected. I was allotted Roll number and I was proud of being student of college. The classes were to start from the list of next month.

My Arrival At College:
On the first day I put on my college uniform and went out for college. I reached the college well before the time. I was not use to change from high school to college that why I was a little scared when I went into the building, and I saw so many students that I did not know. I found myself among smart and active boys. They were the senior students who had arrived early for fooling of first year students. They greeted the new comers with funny remarks. Most of us got nervous and this encouraged them further to laugh at us.
When I entered the college lobby, I was surprised on seeing the time table that we have classes all day and there are around 150 students in one lecture class. I went to my first class really early so that I could get a seat close to the teacher to record the class work.
1st Day Lecture’s:
The lecturer of English came in and began to call over the roll number. It was quite amusing to hear the boys responding to their roll numbers in different ways. After roll call the lecturer spoke it was about the rules, regulations and environments of the college. He advised us to maintain the discipline in college. After it he told us about the course scheme of English. After the period of English there was period of chemistry, the lecturer of chemistry also spoke about the discipline and other things like attendance etc. In this way every teacher lectured us on that day about the importance of college education the way we could profit from it.

Conclusion:
My impressions of the first day at college are still fresh in my mind. I was happy, nervous and excited all at the same time. The word college had been a great attraction to me ever since.

Many times before, I had come to this place with my brother, cousins and friends. Now I myself, was the student of this college. Before my admission I saw it out as a visitor but now I was seeing it very closely, its classes, laboratories, its playground, its parks and its canteen. It was a pleasant experience of mine.

Sponsored Links