Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper about the corruption by the WAPDA meter readers. (2014)
Examination Hall,
City A.B.C
Aug 18, 2014
The Editor,
The Nation,
Lahore, Punjab.
Sir,
I shall be very thankful to you if you publish this letter in the columns of your newspaper. I want to draw the attention of public and authorities to the corruption of WAPDA meter reader.
The meter reader duty is to note down the electricity units consumed during the month. Then bills are issued according to that reading. But these meter readers are not doing their duties honestly. As such they are causing huge losses to the WAPDA, and great trouble for the public. First, very often, they do not come to note down the consumed units and send to their office fake entries, sometimes very inflated. The consumer has to pay this heavy amount on bills, or has to visit the office and get the amount corrected. Second, they demand money from the consumers for giving them some relief in the reading. If they do not agree to pay, they have to face the problem of excessive bills. Third, they intimidate the consumers by causing them of tempering with the meters. They say that they will not report the authorities. This problem can be solved to a great extent some profitable steps are taken in time.
I hope you will take notice of all these things.
Yours faithfully,
Roll #: …….

Sponsored Links