Punjab Board of Technical Education Model Paper “English Language” For D.Com / DBA (Part-I) Annual Examination 2015 & Onward
i) The package was lying by the front door.
(a) Box (b) Carton (c) Packet (d) Envelope
(ii) The man was dragging the corpse in the mud.
(a) Finding (b) Burying (c) Falling (d) Teasing
(iii) Giving the poor beneath drop after drop.
(a) Above (b) Below (c) Deep (d) Over
(iv) I followed him down the little path between the pasture and the meadow.
(a) Garden (b) Flowers (c) Grassland (d) Hill
(v) The girl was scared.
(a) Happy (b) Sad (c) Brave (d) frightened
(vi) Stare from bushes at her blank faced coaches.
(a) Wait (b) Watch (c) Catch (d) Throw
(vii) The boy fell on his back on the sidewalk.
(a) Road (b) Street (c) Footpath (d) Lawn
(viii) Spelding looked unctuous.
(a) Kingly (b) Flattering (c) Cruel (d) Wild
(ix) Is hung with bloom along the bough.
(a) Branch (b) Tree (c) Plant (d) Bush
(x) After the meal had concluded the Chief of the Police appeared on the scene.
(a) Started (b) Finished (c) Eaten (d) arranged
(b) Choose the correct word from the given options to fill in the blanks. (Books I & III) (5)
(i) There was a small man _____________.
(a) in the porch (b) in the room (c) at the door (d) in the hallway
(ii) Old man cut ____________ with his pocket knife.
(a) a sapling (b) a flower (c) a wisp of alfalfa (d) a tomato
(iii) The dog _________ the man with its sharp teeth.
(a) perturbs (b) seizes (c) stops (d) barks
(iv) Power asks Kreton if he is a spy or a hostile ____________.
(a) alien (b) man (c) stranger (d) enemy
(v) Cherry stands about a woodland ____________.
(a) stream (b) rock (c) ride (d) hill
(c) Fill in the blanks with correct form of verb from the given options (5)
(i) Barking dogs seldom ____________.
(a) bites (b) bite (c) biting (d) bitten
(ii) He ___________ a bath when the hell rang.
(a) took (b) was taking (c) has taken (d) takes
(iii) He __________ me last month.
(a) meet (b) meets (c) met (d) will meet
(iv) It _________ now.
(a) rains (b) rained (c) is raining (d) was raining
(v) If he ___________ I shall help him.
(a) come (b) comes (c) came (d) will come
Model Paper “English Language” For D.Com / DBA (Part-I) Annual Examination 2012 & Onward Subjective Time: 02:30 Hours Marks: 80 Note: Please give the reference of Question and its part carefully. Section-I
Q. No.2 Answer any six (6) of the following questions from Book-I. (2x6)=12 i. Why did Arthur disagree with his wife? ii. Why had the old man planted his secret garden? iii. Why did Harry want to go back to Earth? iv. What was the nature of woman’s job? v. Why did George give pocket book to his employer? vi. What was stuck in the camel’s throat? vii. What was the advice given by Nushirvan to his people? viii. What was the cause of Negroes’ discontentment? ix. What did Maulvi Abul always carry with him? x. What was the colour of the overcoat of the young man?
Q. No. 3 Answer any five (5) of the following questions from Book-III (Plays) (2x5) =10 i. Why did the girl ask for help from the first man? ii. How did Kreton prove his extra ordinary powers? iii. What is Harry’s philosophy? iv. Who buys the oyster? v. What circumstances forced the girl to leave her car? vi. Who is McCutchion? vii. What is the condition of weather in “Heat Lightening”? viii. How does the girl come to know that the first man is killer? ix. Who is General Powers?
Q. No. 4 Answer any four (4) of the following questions from book-III (Poems). (2x4) = 08 i. What is the theme of the poem “Where are you going”? ii. What does the Night Mail bring? iii. Describe the condition of Karachi slums in the poem “Sindhi Woman”. iv. How many young ones are to be fed by the mother sparrow? v. Who was Ozymandias? vi. How do the attributes of God stop us from sinning? vii. Without whose love Bullah is at loss?
Section-II
Q. No. 5 Write a story on any one of the following morals. (10) i) Union is Strength ii) Try, Try again
Q. No. 6 Write a letter to your friend condoling with him on the death of his mother. (10) OR Write an application to the Principal of your college for fee concession.
Q. No. 7 (a) Explain the following lines with reference to context. (5) They take it, break it open, let A gold or silver fountain wet, Mouth, fingers, cheek, nose, chin, OR Write the main idea of the Poem “The Feed”. (b) Punctuate the following lines. (Book-I) (5) and jess he almost whispered the doctors told me to sit still and to take life easy (c) Fill in the blanks with the correct words from the given pair of words. (5) (i) My _____________ fell flat on him. (Advise, Advice) (ii) Don’t sit ____________. (Idol, Idle) (iii) Open the ______________ please. (Gait, Gate) (iv) Give me my _____________ share. (Due, Dew) (v) He tried hard but in _____________. (Vain, Vein)
Q. No. 8 Translate the given passage into Urdu. (15) A king fell seriously ill and all hopes of his recovery vanished. The more the disease was cured, the more it became painful. At last, the physicians agreed that this disease cannot be cured except by means of the bile of a person endued with certain qualities. Orders were issued to search for an individual of this kind. A son of a farmer was discovered to possess the qualities mentioned by the doctors.

Sponsored Links