B.A./B.Sc. Part-I & Part-II
Background:
Matric & Intermediate Examinations are used to be conducted by the external examining bodies i.e. Board of Intermediate and Secondary Educations since long. Similarly Graduation & Master Examinations are used to be conducted by the external examining bodies i.e. Universities. The examinations were used to be conducted once after the end of two academic years.
In order to reduce the academic load of students and for better dissemination of knowledge the examinations of Matric, Intermediate and Masters were divided into Part-I & Part-II. Upon the same pattern, there was a dire need to split the Graduation Examinations of Universities into Part-I & Part-II.
Syllabi/Course out Lines:
There is no change/revision in the syllabi/course out lines. However in following subjects some contents of papers are re-structured:
1. Applied Psychology
2. Bio Chemistry
3. Chemistry
4. English (Language)
5. Fine Arts
6. Geography
7. German
8. Health & Physical Education
9. Home Economics
10. Physics
11. Space Science
12. Spanish
13. Statistics
14. Social Work
15. Zoology
16. Mathematics
Detail of the Subjects/Papers for Bachelor of Arts Part-I & II Examinations as under:
Bachelor of Arts Part- I
Subjects
Papers
Marks
1. Islamic Studies/ Ethics & Pakistan Studies (Compulsory)
-
100 marks
2. English (Language) (Compulsory)
I
100 marks
3. Elective – 1
I
100 marks
4. Elective – 2
I
100 marks
Total = 400 marks
Bachelor of Arts Part- II
Subjects
Papers
Marks
1. English (Language) (Compulsory)
II
100 marks
2. Elective – 1
II
100 marks
3. Elective – 2
II
100 marks
4. Optional Subject
-
100 marks
Total = 400 marks
Grand Total = Part- I + Part-II =800 marks

BACHELOR OF ARTS EXAMINATIONPART – I & PART - IIStatutes:1. The examination for the Bachelor of Arts shall consist of two parts, hereinafter called Part- I Examinationand Part- II Examination.2. The Part-I Annual Examination shall be held towards the end of first academic year, followed by theSupplementary Examination of that year. The Part- II Annual Examination shall be held towards the end ofsecond academic year, followed by the Supplementary Examination of that year.3. Each academic year, normally begins in September.4. Part - I and Part - II Annual Examinations followed by Supplementary Examinations will be held on suchdates as may be fixed by the Controller of Examinations.5. [All the regular students shall appear in Part-I and Part-II examinations separately from AnnualExaminations 2016 and 2017 respectively, however, the late college and external/private candidates will beallowed to appear in Part-I & Part-II Examinations separately or in both parts simultaneously from AnnualExamination 2017, if otherwise eligible.]16. Private candidates shall study the same courses and syllabi as prescribed for the Regular candidates. Theywill also be governed by the same statutes and regulations as notified for regular candidates.7. A student shall cease to be a regular student as soon as his classes of Part-II are terminated towards the endof the second academic year.8. The minimum number of marks required to pass this examination shall be thirty-three percent in eachsubject, separately in written paper and practical.9. The total number of chances shall be 1+3 for each part separately.10. The exempted candidate may be allowed to appear in Part-II examination provisionally along with the failingpapers of Part-I (if otherwise eligible) simultaneously.11. In case an exempted candidate fails to qualify Part-I examination, his result of Part-II be declared if he is notpassing Part-II examination. This will enable the candidate to reappear in the failing papers of Part-I as wellas that of Part-II examination.12. Where an exempted candidate who appears in the failing papers of Part-I along with Part-II examinationssimultaneously, fails to qualify Part-I examination but passes his Part-II examination, his result of Part-IIexamination be not declared till he passes Part-I examination under the chances permissible to him. If suchcandidates fail to qualify their Part-I within prescribed chances, their Part-II result shall standcancelled/quashed. Provided that in case of any candidate appearing in both parts simultaneously anddeclared as full fail in Part-I, his result of Part-II examination shall also stands cancelled.13. The candidate who fails after availing all the prescribed chances (i.e. 1+3) of Part-II or remains absent in theexamination shall be allowed to reappear in the Part-II examination with full subjects, provided that he willhave to appear in the syllabi currently enforced in the year in which he is appearing in the examination.14. No student shall be permitted to take Part-I/Part-II Examination as a regular student unless he submits anexamination admission form, duly signed by the Principal of the College, certifying that:-(a) he has been on the rolls of a college, affiliated with the University throughout the academic yearpreceding the examination provided he has completed the prescribed course or has attended andcompleted the first /second year‟s course in first/second academic year;(b) he has attended not less than two - thirds of the total number of lectures delivered to his class, ineach paper, separately in theory and practicals, during the academic year immediately preceding theexamination;(c) his performance, as judged through class tests, assignments etc. has been satisfactory;(d) his character and conduct have been good;(e) he has cleared all the dues of the College and has paid, in full, the prescribed examination fee, and(f) he has, in case of Part II Examination passed the Part I Examination or is failing in two subjects ofPart-I in accordance with the prescribed Regulations.1. The candidates appearing in Annual Examination 2016 under old scheme will be allowed to appear in theirfailing subjects according to the old scheme till their prescribed chances.215. Detail of the Subjects/Papers for Bachelor of Arts Part- I & II Examinations as under: Part- I1. Islamic Studies & Pakistan Studies (Compulsory) 100 marks2. English (Language) I (Compulsory) 100 marks3. Elective – 1 I 100 marks4. Elective – 2 I 100 marksTotal = 400 marks Part- II1. English (Language) - II (Compulsory) 100 marks2. Elective – 1 II 100 marks3. Elective – 2 II 100 marks4. Optional Subject - 100 marksTotal = 400 marks Grand Total = Part- I + Part-II =800 marks16. Every candidate shall be required to offer and pass Islamic Studies/Ethics and Pakistan Studies (60+40marks separately) and English Language (200 marks) as compulsory subjects and any two from thefollowing Elective subjects carrying 200 marks each:-1. Arabic (Language)2. Applied Psychology3. Bengali4. Computer Studies5. Economics6. Education7. English Literature8. Essentials of Home Economics9. Fine Arts10. French11. Geography12. Geology13. German14. History15. Hindi16. Health & Physical Education17. Islamic Studies18. Italian19. International Relations20. Journalism21. Kashmiryat22. Library & Information Science23. Mathematics A Course24. Mathematics B Course25. Mathematics General26. Music (Western and Eastern)27. Persian28. Philosophy29. Political Science30. Punjabi31. Russian32. Social Work33. Sociology34. Spanish35. Statistics36. Turkish37. Urdu38. Women‟s StudiesProvided that the candidates shall appear in subjects / papers of Part-I and Part-II as per statutes-15above.Provided further that no candidate shall take up Space Science except with A Course of Mathematics orGeography and that no candidate shall take up B Course of Mathematics unless he has taken up ACourse of Mathematics.All those candidates who have passed B.A. with General Mathematics need only to qualify B -Courseof Mathematics (Paper I & II) as an additional subject for eligibility of admission to M.Sc.Mathematics or for appearing in M.Sc. Mathematics Examination as an external/private candidates.Provided also that “Mathematics General” cannot be offered with Mathematics - A Course orMathematics - B Course.3In addition, the candidate shall have to pass one optional subject carrying 100 Marks from among thefollowings:-1. Arabic (Language)2. Applied Psychology3. Astronomy4. Bengali5. Economics6. English Literature7. Fine Arts8. French9. Geography10. German11. History12. Home Economics13. Islamic Studies14. Italian15. Journalism16. Kashmiryat17. Library & Information Science18. Mathematics19. Music (Western and Eastern)20. Persian21. Philosophy22. Political Science23. Punjabi24. Russian25. Sindhi26. Social Work27. Sociology28. Spanish29. Statistics30. Turkish31. UrduProvided that candidate shall not be permitted to offer a subject as optional which he has offered as Elective.An outline of the Tests in each subject is given in Appendix „A‟ of the Syllabus. This outline can be changedfrom time to time by the Academic Council, with the approval of the Syndicate. Such changes being alwaysduly notified at least one year before the date of the examination in which they will take effect. The Courses ofReading prescribed by the Syndicate are specified in Appendix „B‟ of the Syllabus. In cases where text-books(Latest Edition) are prescribed the candidates shall be required not only to show a thorough knowledge of thetext-book but also to answer questions of a similar standard set with a view to testing their general knowledge ofthe subject.The distribution of marks in each paper is given in appendix „A‟ of the Syllabus.17. The medium of examination in all subjects, except languages, shall be Urdu or English at the option of thecandidate. The medium of Examination in Pakistan Languages shall be the language concerned. The medium ofexamination in Arabic and Persian shall be Urdu, English or the language concerned at the option of thecandidate. The medium of examination in other languages (including English) shall be English

Sponsored Links

BACHELOR OF ARTS PART – I EXAMINATIONRegulations:1. The examination shall be open to:-A: Any college student who:-(i) has been on the rolls of a college, affiliated with the University throughout the academic yearpreceding the examination provided he has completed the prescribed course or has attended andcompleted the first year’s course in one academic year.(ii) A student from a college may offer for this examination a subject in which that college is notaffiliated by attending a prescribed course of lectures, seminars, tutorials, etc., in that subject inanother college affiliated in the subject or in the relevant University Teaching Department. In sucha case the Principal of the college in which the student attends the course of lectures shall certify asregards the candidate having attended the prescribed percentage of attendances and the Principal ofthe college in which the student is enrolled shall report his name to the Controller of Examinations;(iii) has passed not less than one academic year previously the Intermediate Examination from Boardof Intermediate and Secondary Education or any other examination considered equivalent thereto;provided that in the case of a candidate who passes the Intermediate Examination after havingearned exemption/placed under compartment the period of one academic year shall be countedfrom the year in which he earned exemption/ placed under compartment ;(iv) has his name submitted to the Controller of Examinations by the Principal of the College he hasmost recently attended and certifying that:-(1) of good character;(2) of having attended not less than [two-thirds]1of the full course of lectures delivered ineach of the subjects in which he desires to be examined.The Principals of affiliated Colleges may condone for valid reasons a deficiency upto 5%of the lectures in written part of the subject and 5% in practicals. Candidates falling shortof lectures or practicals above this percentage shall not be permitted to appear inexamination.Provided further that in case of persons who are selected by a national sports organizationfor training and or participation in an international sports contest as representatives ofPakistan, the lectures delivered in the College during the period of absence for suchtraining and or participation in the international sports contest shall be deducted from thetotal number of lectures delivered to the class and the percentage of 66 based on thebalance of lectures;(3) of having satisfactorily performed the work of the class;1. The last date for purposes of counting two-thirds of lectures attended by a candidate for the examination shall be one monthbefore the date of commencement of the examination.In case of failed students, the lectures shall be counted only from the date of re-admission or first October whichever is earlier.In case of candidates who join late owing to late publication of results or who seek admission after the declaration of results ofthe Supplementary Examination, the lectures shall be counted from after 10 days of the declaration of the result or the date oftheir joining whichever is earlier.A failed student or one who has completed his course but has not appeared in the examination on re-joining the college canchange his Elective Subjects so long as he can put in the number of attendances required under the Regulations. 2B- Any external/ private candidate who is admitted under Chapter 1 of Part 1 (Volume II of the Calendar )and has passed not less than one academic year previously the Intermediate Examination from Board ofIntermediate and Secondary Education or any other examination considered equivalent thereto;provided that in the case of a candidate who passes the Intermediate Examination after having earnedexemption/placed under compartment the period of one academic year shall be counted from the yearin which he earned exemption /placed under compartment.2. The Syndicate or the determining authority under Regulation 4 of Chapter III of Part III (Volume I of theCalendar) shall have power to exclude any candidate from the examination, if it is satisfied that suchcandidate is not a fit person to be admitted thereto.3. The rates of fee for this examination shall be as shown in the schedule of Fees as notified by the Universityfrom time to time.4. Every candidate for this Examination shall forward his admission form to the Controller of Examinations asper dates notified by the Controller of Examinations accompanied by the prescribed fee each time when hehas to appear in the examination.5. Annual and Supplementary Examinations of Part –I for the Degree of Bachelor of Arts shall be held at suchdates and places as may be fixed by the Controller of Examinations.6. A candidate appearing as a whole shall appear in the Annual Examination only, if otherwise eligible.7. The minimum number of marks required to pass this examination shall be thirty-three percent in eachsubject, separately in written paper and practical.Provided that a candidate who fails in one or more subjects by 5 marks or less, be declared successful theadditional marks upto 5 to be added shall be deducted from other passing subject/s, if possible, subject tothe condition that the total marks awarded shall not exceed the maximum limit of 5 in no case.Provided further that grace marks shall not be awarded to any candidate for the purpose of enabling him toget exemption in any paper.Provided further that a candidate who fails in two subjects be placed in compartment and be allowed toappear in the supplementary Examination. The candidate is eligible to pass the failing subject/s in next threeconsecutive chances.8. The candidates are allowed to change subject/s in accordance with Statutes-16 above, if otherwise eligible.9. As soon as possible after the termination of the examination, the Controller of Examinations shall notify theresult of the candidates showing the total number of marks obtained by them.10. A candidate who fails to pass or to present himself for the examination shall not be entitled to claim arefund of the fee. However, the fee shall be refundable to the legal heirs of a candidate who dies before thecommencement of the examination as per fee refund regulations.11. The exempted candidates are allowed a margin of ‘15’ days for submission of their Admission Forms andfee for the subsequent examinations after the declaration of their result.