Question No.1 (5)
View more random threads:
- MGT603 Strategic Management Assignment No. 2 Fall Semester...
- MCM401 Fundamentals of Public Relations Assignment No.1...
- it430 final solution fall 2010 ist assignment
- CS504 Software Engineering - I Assignments No. 2 Dec 11,...
- MGT613 Production/Operations Management Solution May 17,2010
- MGT601 SME Management Solution required Deadline 8 July
- pak301 assignment no 1 spring 2011 idea solution
- ECO402 Assignment No 01 Discussion and Solution Last Date...
- MGT211 Introduction To Business Assignment No.1 Solution...
- Need CS201 Assignment No 5 Solution
What is grapevine communication? Why does it develop? Describe its advantages and disadvantages.
To hear something through the grapevine is to learn of something informally and unofficially by means of gossip and rumor.
The usual implication is that the information was passed person to person by word of mouth, perhaps in a confidential manner among friends or colleagues. It can also imply an overheard conversation or anonymous sources of information
1. The grapevine communication fills in a gap that is left when official information is missing.
2. Grapevine communication creates a social bond where none existed.
3. The grapevine communication fills in a gap that is left when official information is missing.
4. The grapevine in many ways helps keep people honest
1. The grapevine leads to making hostility against the executives.
2. The main disadvantage is that much of the information that gets spread through the grapevine is not verified.
3. Another disadvantage is that it's often used to spread more than rumors; it's used to spread gossip.
4. When gossip is being spread through the grapevine, people's reputations, careers, and lives can get destroyed very rapidly.
Question No.2 (5)
Discuss the main idea of rhetorical theory of communication. Why is it more important than two other theories of communication?
Rhetorical theory is based on the available means of persuasion. That is, a speaker who is interested in persuading his or her audience should consider three rhetorical proofs logical, emotional, and ethical. Audiences are key to effective persuasion as well. Rhetorical syllogism, requiring audiences to supply missing pieces of a speech, are also used in persuasion
Question No.3 (5)
Make the following sentences precise. Probable answers will be acceptable.
1. For additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at 555-0001.
Ans: For additional information, contact us at 555-0001.
2. Please find enclosed a copy of the required document.
Ans: Enclosed is a copy of the required document.
3. Owing to the fact that heavy rain was forecasted for June 13, the picnic was rescheduled for June 20.
Ans: Because heavy rain was forecast for June 13, the picnic was rescheduled for June 20.
4. He is a man who is admired.
Ans: He is an admirable man.
5. Ventura County is located in California.
Ans: Ventura County is in California
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)