Sponsored Links

Thread: CS504 Software Engineering - I Assignments No.03 Spring Semester 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CS504 Software Engineering - I Assignments No.03 Spring Semester 2014

CS504 Software Engineering - I Assignments No.03 Spring Semester 2014

The objective of this assignment is:

To increase your level of understanding about UML Modeling and how to identify objects, attributes, Operations and their relationship.
    To help you understand how to develop UML Object Model by using UML notation

Instructions

Please read the following instructions carefully before assignment submission.

It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:

The assignment is submitted after due date.

The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.

The assignment is plagiarized.

Sponsored Links

Note

The assignment should be in “.doc” format. Assignment in any format other than MS Word format will not be accepted
    Assignment submitted through email will not be accepted.
    This assignment is covering UML Object Model Notations Lectures 13-25.
    Recall the lectures delivered for UML and Object Model Notations to solve your assignmen

The UML association

The UML association (ER term: relationship) is the way that two classes are functionally connected to each other.

Example: We want our customers to be able to place orders for the products that we sell, so we need to model the Order class and its association with the Customer. Notice that while the Customer class represents a physical “thing,” the Order class represents an event that happens in the enterprise. Both are equally valid class types. We will first describe the Order:

“An order is created when a customer decides to buy one or more of our products. We need to know when the order was placed (date and time), and which customer representative sold the order.”

The association between the customer and the order will tell us which customer placed the order. We will describe the association in natural language just as we described the classes, but we will also include information about how few (at minimum) and how many (at maximum) individuals of one class may be connected to a single individual of the other class. This is called the multiplicity of the association (ER term: cardinality), and we describe it in both directions.

“Each customer places zero or more orders.” (* in the diagram below means “many”, and any quantity more than one is the same as “many” in a database.)

“Each order is placed by one and only one customer.” (Bad English—passive voice—but makes sense!)

Thread Information