View more the latest threads:
- recommended books from virtual university
- CS101 Introduction to Computing Glossary 23rd November 2012
- Pak301 Pakistan Study Hands out 23rd November 2012
- please help me
- virtual university BOOKS FOR SALE of MBA 2012-2011 on cheap...
- MIT University Introduction to Computer Science and...
- it430 notes with mcq's quiz and subjective paper fall 2010...
- cs402 subjective and objective mega file fall 2010 on...
- MKT501 Short Long Questions latest fall 2010
- MGT602 Solved pastpaper question fall 2010 december midterm
We welcome you in this course which is designed to provide you the basic understanding of computers. We hope that you will enjoy studying this subject. Following are some guidelines which are important and will help you a lot during this course.
1. First and most important one is to check the 'Announcement Page' daily. Also in case of any confusion, your first point of contact should be 'Announcement Page' to see whether that issue is discussed on it or not.
2. Put your questions related to Lecture on Moderated Discussion Board (MDB). But before putting any question, please make it sure that your question is not already posted by some other student.
This subject demands your full concentration and attentiveness in each lecture. We recommend that listen to all lectures with your full attention, read handouts and do some practice regularly so that you can fulfill objectives of this course and can show nice results. We are always here to help you in this regard.
Email Address for this course is: Only the registered members can see the link. Register here
CPL stands for Computer Proficiency License. It is recognized by the Virtual University of Pakistan and employers around the world. It aims to raise users’ level of knowledge and competency to improve the proficiency of computer usage.
This course is designed for beginners, but it is also intended for those who have limited familiarity of computers and want a better understanding. Whether you are a house wife willing to explore the world of computing or simply someone facing a challenge related to computer basics, this course is for you.
·Course Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this course, students should be able to:
Identify the basics of hardware, software and storage devices
Install, configure and use printer
Work within the user interface of MS office.
Create, use, format and print word document
Use of charts, graphics and formatting options for creating documents.
Work with files, layouts, tables and proof reading tools in MS word
Use new features in excel
Create, save, update and format worksheets
Use of formulas, filters, sorting tools in MS Excel
Work with new design feature in MS PowerPoint
Create, update, animate and run a slide show
Use, search and browse internet
Read, compose, reply and forward email
Computer Proficiency License (CS001)
PageModule 11-9Book5-27Assignment 1Module 210-12Book29-33Assignment 2Module 213-17Book36-43Assignment 3Quiz 1Module 318-24Book44-65Mid termModule 425-33Book68-101Assignment 4Module 534-39Book104-123Assignment 5Module 640-42Book126-136Assignment 6Module 643-45Book140-148Quiz 2Graded Moderated Discussion BoardFinal Term Exam
VU Lecture DVDs
Credit Hours of CS001 = 3
The Student Work load for CS001 students
Number of hours per week for attending lecture3hours
Number of hours per week for working on the assignment2hours
Number of hours per week for practice of MS OFFICE1hours
Number of hours per week for revising lecture3hours
Number of hours per week for asking questions on MDB and reading the answers1hoursTotal hours per week10hours
This subject demands your full concentration and attentiveness in each lecture because this course is full of theory and as well as practical work of MS OFFICE. Follow these guidelines:
1. Take video lectures regularly.
2. Read course handouts of each lecture after taking the lecture.
·Course Assessment/Grading Scheme
1. Log on to VULMS
2. Click on CS001 course
3. Click on Grading Scheme
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)